cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RW612 wifi_cli error and Matter

youngsoo
Contributor I

Hi

Previously, I tried using matter with mw320, but the problem was that there was no BLE, so testing on Homepod mini or SmartThings was not possible.

That is why i conducting tests on RW612.

Q1.

Before testing Matter, I downloaded the SDK, built a sample using mcuxpresso, and debugged it.

I used wifi_cli but it doesn't work properly.
The error below is output.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=======================================
wifi cli demo
========================================

MCU wakeup source 0x1...
Initialize CLI
Initialize WLAN Driver
4015: [wifi_io] Error: Download firmware failed
4019: [wifi] Error: sd_wifi_init failed. status code -1
4024: [wlcm] Error: wifi_init failed. status code -1
ASSERT ERROR " 0 == result ": file "main.c" Line "321" function name "wlan_driver_init"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, even if you end debugging and reset the board, nothing is output from the terminal or strange text is displayed.

The current board is written as RD-RW612-BGA IPA-2A/1A V2.

I am attaching a photo to confirm the jumper pin.

I added JLinkDevice.xml and the device to Segger, and programmed the three firmwares (wifi, ble, combo) marked rw610_sb_xxx.bin(SDK/components/conn_fwloader/fw_bin) using J-Link Commander.

Why does this problem occur? Is there any way to solve this?

Q2

I branched a new commit for RW's firmware.
After setting it up by referring to the URL below, activate and "git submodule update --init" worked well, and I even built it using GN and ninja.

https://github.com/NXP/matter/tree/v1.1.0.1-tag-nxp/examples/all-clusters-app/nxp/rt/rw610

Is the gn command below okay?

gn gen out/host --args='chip_enable_matter_cli=true chip_enable_wifi=true chip_enable_ble=true is_debug=true optimize_debug=false chip_with_factory_data=1'

ninja -C out/host

And in git it is written as follows:

• Import the connectedhomeip repo in MCUXpresso IDE as Makefile Project. Use none as Toolchain for Indexer Settings:

Does this mean that I need to select the connectedhomeip folder in Existing Code Location?
Or should I select the RW610 folder that was built with ninja?

Thank your support

BR

Bae

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you in advance for contacting NXP support.

Regarding your questions:

Q1:

• I understand you updated the firmware. Can you please help me with the board version you are currently using? This is because there a couple SW changes need to be applied on the code and the FW (rw610_sb_xxx.bin) has variations depending on board version.
  • Also we suggest to use the latest version of MCUXpresso in this case v11.8.0. (For debug purposes)

Q2:

• Regarding this I will recommend to use the connectedhomeip folder in Existing Code Location.

Also about the pin configuration they are only two changes to be performed on JP42 and JP3 (I attached a image for reference).

0 Kudos

youngsoo
Contributor I

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

.> Can you please help me with the board version you are currently using?

It is written V2 on the board.

> Also we suggest to use the latest version of MCUXpresso in this case v11.8.0. (For debug purposes)

Currently using SDK version 2.13.1.

MCUXpresso is also using the latest version.

Also about the pin configuration they are only two changes to be performed on JP42 and JP3 (I attached a image for reference).

There is no change even if you change the jumper pins.

Thank your support

BR

Bae

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I send you a private message to continue this support questions.

0 Kudos