Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNEV7462C NFC Cockpit, no VCOM connection

Jump to solution
Pel
Contributor III

Hi team,

I recently bought a PNEV7462C Demo Kit and while following the user manual UM10883 directive, I couldn't  connect my board to the NFC Cockpit (section 6). NFC Cockpit can't find my board (no VCOM  appear in the bottom left). When I check the device functions on my pc I only see the smartcard reader (WUDF) and no USB or VCOM.

Thanks for your time,

Alexandre Pellerin.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pel
Contributor III

Hi NXP Team,

I downgraded the NXP NFC Cockpit version to 4.8.0 and load the EEPROM and flash associated with the version. Now I can connect to the PNEV7462C board, but seems to have some problems with the NTAG and ICODE protocol cards.

Unfortunately I can't seems to communicate with the other protocol, I can't activate the layer 4 with the NTAG card and the layer 3 with the ICODE card (see NTAG-erros.png and ICODE-errors.png for log monitor view).

Is this a normal behavior for the v4.8.0 ?

I would like to use the Cockpit to read NTAGs  is this possible ?

Thanks again,

Alexandre Pellerin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pel
Contributor III

Hi NXP Team,

I downgraded the NXP NFC Cockpit version to 4.8.0 and load the EEPROM and flash associated with the version. Now I can connect to the PNEV7462C board, but seems to have some problems with the NTAG and ICODE protocol cards.

Unfortunately I can't seems to communicate with the other protocol, I can't activate the layer 4 with the NTAG card and the layer 3 with the ICODE card (see NTAG-erros.png and ICODE-errors.png for log monitor view).

Is this a normal behavior for the v4.8.0 ?

I would like to use the Cockpit to read NTAGs  is this possible ?

Thanks again,

Alexandre Pellerin.

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thanks for your updated information. This tag does not support Layer 4 operations. Layer 4 is supported by Mifare DESFire tag.

ICODE card please use  the ISO-15693 tab and launching the "Inventory" command..

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please follow the chapter  8.10 Updating flash and EEPROM via USB MSD interface of UM10883 and connect the corresponding version of Cockpit. For the more information please refer to the document as the attachment.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Pel
Contributor III

Hi Fangfang,

Thank you for responding quickly. I tried updating the flash and EEPROM 2 times, but unfortunately no success. I can see the PN7462AU now , but still can't connect to it. The 2 times gave me different error, 1st is a HAL error and 2nd is an access denied error (you can fin screen of the log monitor attach as png).

The first time I had jumper on the ATX_A and ATX_B and the second without any jumper on the ATXs.

I'm using the NFC Cockpit version 6.3.0.

Have a nice day,

Alexandre Pellerin.

jakob_u
Contributor II

Same problem here with a PNEV7462B.

Log Monitor says:

[2021.12.15 09:46:18]:INFO:ServiceFactory:Generating Services for VCOM_PN7462AU @\\.\COM5
[2021.12.15 09:46:18]:ERROR:RegisterView:Register List retrieval failed.
[2021.12.15 09:46:18]:ERROR:RegisterView:Exception: An item with the same key has already been added.
[2021.12.15 09:46:18]:WARN:BoardConnectionViewModel:Exception occured during service registration.
[2021.12.15 09:46:18]:ERROR:BoardConnectionViewModel:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2021.12.15 09:46:50]:ERROR:ServiceBroker:RfFieldViewModel wants RfFieldControl, but it is never registered

0 Kudos