Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN532 polling

Jump to solution
m3adn
Contributor I

Hi. 

I have a question regarding PN532.

Is there any way actually to make PN532 to poll/detect a card (let it be Mifare) without sending commands in loop like InListPassiveTarget but to receive an interrupt by IRQ pin whenever there is a card and only then proceed to receive the data?

I found that that later versions such as PN7120 / PN7150 support LPCD, which I think fits my requirements, but I'd need a confirmation to the fact that in order to retrieve any data from the card I should send a command and only then read the card.

I found this topic https://community.nxp.com/t5/NFC/How-to-generate-an-interrupt-to-the-processor-when-a-tag-is/m-p/589... talking about similar.

Any help is appreciated.

Ty.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. First of all, PN532 is a product that is not recommended for new designs.

I would recommend checking this Application Note. Please refer to section 3.3.

Also, I would recommend checking our PN7160 | NFC Controller with Integrated Firmware and NCI Interface.

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. First of all, PN532 is a product that is not recommended for new designs.

I would recommend checking this Application Note. Please refer to section 3.3.

Also, I would recommend checking our PN7160 | NFC Controller with Integrated Firmware and NCI Interface.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
m3adn
Contributor I

Thank you Ricardo, as there is no other way to do it rather than sending the command to poll and waiting for response I consider this answered. 

One more question , is NCx3320 and NCx3321 already available on the market? And if so, it is possible to configure them without the NCI interface (I mean normal use of I2C or SPI)? 

I'm asking it cause the information about those chips is very limited.

Appreciate your help.

Daniel.

0 Kudos