cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NxH3670 gaming application latency

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi,

We have a customer request for Bluetooth audio where latency needs to be less than 20ms. While searching for this, I came across the NxH3670 gaming application. 

I would like to understand the exact audio latency in forward path in NxH3670 gaming application. In some of the links provided by NXP, the latency is quoted to be less than 20ms. In the attached document, if you look at section 3.1.1.8, for a default setting of 20ms, the audio latency is shown as 20.3 ms which is slightly above 20 ms. In the same document, at section, 3.3.1, the audio latency is shown as 25.5ms. Which one is correct? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Chandrakala

0 Kudos
18 Replies

JankeeLisa
Contributor I

Gaming App is also an amazing gaming application having great parameters and requirements. So, I connect with my device and enjoy the games by using it. As this game jump force mod is my favorite and always played it because its full of action game.

0 Kudos

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the reply. yes, there is an option to set the latency. What I wanted to know is, the NxH3670 device is claimed to have a latency less than 20ms. Is this achieved by setting the AUDIO_LATENCY to 15ms or 20ms? In the document I have attached, at section, 3.3.1, the audio latency is shown as 25.5ms. Is this by setting audio latency as 20ms?

Thank you,

Chandrakala

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chandrakala,

There is an option to change the code using one of the available APIs, you can check the PH_HCI_VS_SET_AUDIO_LATENCY_CMD one to set the latency. The default is set at 20ms, you can check the NxH3670 HAPI Gaming (UM11148). 2.2.18 Set audio latency

For the ADK dongle the latency is configured in the app_config.c file. (bsp -> adk_dongle -> apps -> kl_dongle)

For the SDK dongle, the latency can be set by a jumper configuration.
Could you please check the AN12360 in table 5 for further information about this .?

Regards,
Mario

0 Kudos

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the reply. yes, there is an option to set the latency. What I wanted to know is, the NxH3670 device is claimed to have a latency less than 20ms. Is this achieved by setting the AUDIO_LATENCY to 15ms or 20ms? In the document I have attached, at section, 3.3.1, the audio latency is shown as 25.5ms. Is this by setting audio latency as 20ms?

Thank you,

Chandrakala

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI @chandrakala,

For the latest G9.0 release the latency increased slightly and for the 20ms setting the latency increased from 19.8ms (G8.1) to 20.3ms (G9.0).

Having said that there is still the possibility to decrease the latency further down to the 15ms setting which corresponds with a 15.3ms latency to be precise.

The latency can be set by the VCOM tool so it is not needed to reflash the boards. Also, be aware that the lowest latency setting reduces the number of possible re-transmissions and will be less robust in case of interference. If you want to increase the number of re-transmissions there is still the option to go for a 25ms or 30ms latency setting.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the response. We are looking at the NxH3670ADK kits. We have few questions related to NxH3670ADK.
1. Is there any software that gets delivered along with the package - what are they?
2. If so, will I be able to modify the code, compile it and flash it to the Dongle and headset boards
3. Is there any debugging tool available to debug the code on headset

Please help me getting the answers to the above questions ASAP.
Thank you,
Chandrakala

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chandrakala,

NXH3670 Please select the tools and software tab.

1. Is there any software that gets delivered along with the package - what are they?

mario_castaneda_0-1632336695997.png

2. If so, will I be able to modify the code, compile it and flash it to the Dongle and headset boards

Please look at the files that are included in the SDK zip folder.

"\SDK-Gaming-Rev9.0\documentation\NxH3670_UM11161_UM_ADK_Board.pdf"

"SDK-Gaming-Rev9.0\documentation\NxH3670_AN12360_Gaming.pdf" 4 Firmware development

3. Is there any debugging tool available to debug the code on the headset

You could look at the 4.1.6 Debugging Reference application

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

I have downloaded and looked at the package. According to the document, MCUXpresso IDE is required to compile and flash the binaries. This tool is not available in the package. Also, LPC-Link2 debugger is required for debugging. Is this hardware part of the ADK package? 

Thank you,

Chandrakala

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chandrakala,

It is not included, for debug purposes you could use a JLINK debugger or the LPC Link.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

What about MCUXpresso IDE. That is not available in the software package. Is it need to be downloaded from somewhere else or is it need to be purchased?

Thank you,

Chandrakala

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chandrakala,

The MCUXpresso Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is free and you could download following the link.

Also, you could download the KL27 SDK on the next page. https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/dashboard

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I will check the package. One more question I have on ADK is, in https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/user-guides/UM11161.pdf, in section 3.4 and 3.5 it is mentioned that, " If no RF cable is attached, the slot antenna is connected." Do, we need to connect the RF antenna into the slot for the streaming usecase? or is the antenna is in-built?

Thank you,

Chandrakala

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chandrakala,

The antenna connector is only for RF measurements, depending on your board you will have the slot antenna connected for the streaming.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Is the headset in ADK is provided with default built-in antenna?

Thank you,

Chandrakala

0 Kudos

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Is the headset in ADK is provided with default built-in antenna?

Thank you,

Chandrakala

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chandrakala,

You could look at the UM11161NXH3670 application development kit.

Included in the documentation folder.

The ADK3670 headset board contains a slot antenna which is described in detail in a dedicated application note

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

chandrakala
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

The application document mentions about antenna design. My question here is, If I dont use any slot antenna in the ADK headset, Can I use the headset for receiving audio over the air. That means, does the ADK board has a built in antenna on the board?

Thank you,

Chandrakala 

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chandrakala,

I am not sure if I am following your question. However, if you do not use the slot antenna you could use an external antenna for receiving all the information.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos