Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFRC630 Write FIFO Error

Jump to solution
Carlos_APERTON
Contributor I

Hi,

We have designed a circuit with the MFRC63003HN component to detect NFC cards.

In some circuits it works perfectly. However, in other circuits I am unable to perform detection. I have been able to verify that an error appears in the IRQ0 register. Reading 0Ah register, I could see that It is "NoDataErr" error.

Testing I have been able to see how, after writing in the FIFO, there is no information in the FIFO. That is, after sending a "mfrc630_write_fifo(data, len)" command, if I read the length of the FIFO ("mfrc630_fifo_length()"), it returns 0.

As I say, this happens only in some circuits. The only solution I have currently found is to change the MFRC603 component with another of the same model.

Is it possible that the component was damaged in the assembly and soldering process?

Best regards.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Carlos_APERTON

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please confirm that you have read the instructions from the following guides to design your antenna?

• CLRC663 Antenna Design Guide; this document describes NFC and RFID antenna design rules, different requirements and antenna design for CLRC663 in detail to get an optimum performance.
  • Measurement and tuning of a NFC and Reader IC antenna with a MiniVNA; this Application Note gives a guideline on how to measure and tune/match an NFC and Reader IC antenna with a MiniVNA network analyzer.
  • Additionally, please refer to the NFC Antenna Design training, an online training series that could help you with key aspects for the antenna, optimizing and debugging, and testing to get the best-matched antenna for your product, in addition to the NFC Antenna Tool.

Also, please consider using the NFC Reader Library, which is a complete software support library for NFC Frontend ICs designed to provide a faster and simpler way to develop your project. This library also provides an API that facilitates the most common operations required in NFC applications such as reading or writing data.

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Carlos_APERTON

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please confirm that you have read the instructions from the following guides to design your antenna?

• CLRC663 Antenna Design Guide; this document describes NFC and RFID antenna design rules, different requirements and antenna design for CLRC663 in detail to get an optimum performance.
  • Measurement and tuning of a NFC and Reader IC antenna with a MiniVNA; this Application Note gives a guideline on how to measure and tune/match an NFC and Reader IC antenna with a MiniVNA network analyzer.
  • Additionally, please refer to the NFC Antenna Design training, an online training series that could help you with key aspects for the antenna, optimizing and debugging, and testing to get the best-matched antenna for your product, in addition to the NFC Antenna Tool.

Also, please consider using the NFC Reader Library, which is a complete software support library for NFC Frontend ICs designed to provide a faster and simpler way to develop your project. This library also provides an API that facilitates the most common operations required in NFC applications such as reading or writing data.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos