MC1323x with External Power Amplifier (PA)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1323x with External Power Amplifier (PA)

markthedark
Contributor III

We would like to add an external PA (and possibly LNA) to our design to boost the transmit range.

It seems the RF_BIAS pin could be double-dutied for this, but we are unsure of whether sharing this pin would affect the biasing of the balun.

Is there a standard method of attaching a TX/RX switch to the MC1323x (MC13237 specifically)?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

timothypeoples
Contributor I

Hi Mark,

My name is Timothy Peoples with (QORVO) RFMD and we have partnered with NXP to do a reference design which uses RF6555 Front End for a range extension with the MC1323x. See link or email us at smartgrid@qorvo.com.

ZigBee® HANSmartEnergy AMI-6555MC1323 | RFMD

0 Kudos

markthedark
Contributor III

Hi Timothy.

Thank you very much! I didn't realize that an answer had been posted, so I apologize for not replying sooner.

I am also interested in some sample code to understand how an external PA and LNA would be used. On the webpage that you provided, it says that a "Freescale Beekit-compatible configuration file available".

Could you send that as well as a simple example program?

Thanks,

Mark Donkers

0 Kudos

markthedark
Contributor III

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know why I didn't see this response earlier, but I apologize for the delay in replying.

At the link you provided, it says, "Freescale Beekit-compatible configuration file available". Could you supply that file and an example project of how and when the MCU would change the control lines for the PA/LNA?Our project was generated using Freescale's BeeKit with the SMAC codebase.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos

markthedark
Contributor III

Test

0 Kudos