cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M2-JODY-W2 with Raspberry Pi CM4S SDIO Drivers

Shubhanshu
Contributor I

Hi ,

I want to use a ublox M2 WiFi module with my raspberry Pi Cm4s based gateway. i am looking for drivers for the same. I am using Linux Kernel 6.1. Bullseye image of RPi. 

Can you please support on this.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Shubhanshu
Contributor I

Hello Christine,

Thanks for the support, I have build the drivers. We have to go for certifications for CE and FCC. 
can you help me with the configuration files required for the same. Is there any document to understand this.

0 Kudos

Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @Shubhanshu 

This should be another topic. We always suggest our customers to track one issue/topic in one thread.

For certification, we have an user manual for your reference. WFA Certification Guide for NXP-based Wireless Modules on i.MX 8M Quad EVK Running Linux OS - User m...

But based on the fact that you are using U-Blox module, I suggest you to contact U-Blox for more detailed information about Certification because as I know, our module partner has passed some certifications. 

After contact U-Blox, if still need any further help on CE/FCC Certification topic, please help to create a new case to us. Thanks for your corporation.

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos

Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @Shubhanshu 

If I am correct you are using M2-JODY-W2 which is using our 88W8987 Wi-Fi chipsets.

For mass market FP92 drivers, you can download it from our GitHub:

git clone https://github.com/nxp-imx/mwifiex.git

git checkout -b lf-6.1.36-2.1.0

For different Linux kernel version ,you can choose it by switching different branches or tags.

The mass market driver is applicable for all of our hot-selling Wi-Fi chipsets, the only difference between different Wi-Fi chipsets is Firmware.

So firmware downloading is also necessary for you:

git clone https://github.com/NXP/imx-firmware.git 

Also, you can change to correct Linux kernel version according to your request.

Such as: 

git checkout -b lf-6.1.36-2.1.0

Our Firmware is located in imx-firmware/nxp/FwImage_8987/sdiouart8987_combo_v0.bin

Any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Christine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos