KW38 Upgrade application using freedom bootloader, how to prevent pairing and bonding data loss?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW38 Upgrade application using freedom bootloader, how to prevent pairing and bonding data loss?

wenhuafeng
Contributor II

Hello every one,

thanks!!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wenhuafeng,

When you use the KW38 upgrade applications with the freedom bootloader, do you meet any data loss issues?

In fact, normally, we use the kinetisFlashtool to download the app, if you meet the app download issues, that GUI will report the issues.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

wenhuafeng
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

I used the blhost tool to upgrade the application. I only used "flash-erase-region" and "write-memory". The test found that after the second burning, the pairing and binding data has been lost, and the mobile application will again The pairing window pops up.

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wenhuafeng,   

Thanks for your updated information.

What's the on board debugger you are using now? JLINK or CMSIS DAP?

Before you do the erase, do you connect it with the com successfully?

Do you also try the kinetisFlashTool which I told you? That tool also based on the blhost tools.

You also can share some issues screenshot on your side, it will be useful to issue analysis.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

wenhuafeng
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

BLE chip is hanged on MCU, BLE chip has Freedom Bootloader, upgrade the application area through UART, upgrade the application area will first erase 0xA000 ~0x80000 area data, and then burn the application program, so that the pairing and binding data will be cleared!

Thanks!