cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5169 IDE

smartHomer
Contributor I

Hello,

I want to use JN5169 in a product. Which IDE do I need to create, flash and debug firmware?

I tried to use MCUxpresso, but the MCU is not listed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Axel,

Hope you are doing well.

Please consider that JN5189 Wireless MCU is preferred for any new Zigbee®, Thread design. Also, no new software releases are planned for JN5169.

However, the available toolchain for developing JN5169 applications is BeyondStudio [JN-SW-4141]. Details on how to install it can be found in the BeyondStudio for NXP Installation and User Guide (JN-UG-3098).

Another tool that you may find useful is the JN51xx Production Flash Programmer [JN-SW-4107]. This is an utility for loading built applications into JN51xx devices in a production environment, allowing data and applications to be loaded into the Flash memory. You can find more information about this software and its use in the JN51xx Production Flash Programmer User Guide (JN-UG-3099).

These software parts can be found on the JN516x/7x Zigbee 3.0 webpage.

Once BeyondStudio has been installed, the JN516x SDK for the desired wireless network protocol stack can be installed. If you are using a ZigBee-based SDK, you may install the necessary configuration editor plug-ins.

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Eduardo.