Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168 Maximum connected nodes

Jump to solution
ffonck
Contributor I

Hi.

I was wondering the real amount of "maximum number of nodes" on a star topology by using the JN5168-001-M06, in other words, without using any router. Zigbee PRO Stack datasheet doesn't specify a maximum value for this parameter. As I'm concerned, this is related to RAM usage and configuration of another parameter values.

ffonck_0-1705679462547.png

So:

1) There's a fixed maximum amount of "Maximum Number of Nodes"?

2) If this value depends on other values, how can i calculate the parameter? Otherwise, there is any documentation related to this?

@mario_castaneda  hope you can help me in this one. Regards!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @ffonck

Hope you are doing well.

As indicated in Zigbee 3 Stack User Guide, Chapter 1 Overview, Section 1.2 ZigBee PRO Network Topology, the stack is designed primarily for Mesh networks. Please, consider the following parameters:

Neighbour Table:

• The Neighbour table size is, by default, set to 26 - this is the minimum size required for a ZigBee-Compliant Platform
  • Increasing the table size will use more RAM.

Child Table Size:

• The default size for the sub-table is 5, allowing up to 4 child nodes.
  • The maximum number of children is one less than the sub-table size.
  • Note that increasing the sub-table size will use more EEPROM for persisted data.
  • This value must not be greater than two-thirds of the Active Neighbour Table Size value.

Address Map Table

• The default size of the Address Map table is 10, but the size can be changed through the parameter Address Map Table Size.
  • The Address Map table is fully persisted in EEPROM.
  • Therefore, increasing the size of this table will impact both RAM and EEPROM usage

MAC Address Table

• Is used to store the address-pairs of other network nodes - that is, the IEEE/MAC address and network address of each of these nodes.
  • the MAC Address table should be sized according to the combined sizes of the Neighbour table and Address Map table
  • The MAC Address table is fully persisted in EEPROM.
  • Increasing the size of this table will impact both RAM and EEPROM usage.

Routing Table

• The Coordinator needs to store routes to all the nodes in the network if it is required to communicate with every node.
  • The increase will therefore only affect RAM usage.

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ffonck
Contributor I

Thanks for the useful information. I'll have this consider for future developments.

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @ffonck

Hope you are doing well.

As indicated in Zigbee 3 Stack User Guide, Chapter 1 Overview, Section 1.2 ZigBee PRO Network Topology, the stack is designed primarily for Mesh networks. Please, consider the following parameters:

Neighbour Table:

• The Neighbour table size is, by default, set to 26 - this is the minimum size required for a ZigBee-Compliant Platform
  • Increasing the table size will use more RAM.

Child Table Size:

• The default size for the sub-table is 5, allowing up to 4 child nodes.
  • The maximum number of children is one less than the sub-table size.
  • Note that increasing the sub-table size will use more EEPROM for persisted data.
  • This value must not be greater than two-thirds of the Active Neighbour Table Size value.

Address Map Table

• The default size of the Address Map table is 10, but the size can be changed through the parameter Address Map Table Size.
  • The Address Map table is fully persisted in EEPROM.
  • Therefore, increasing the size of this table will impact both RAM and EEPROM usage

MAC Address Table

• Is used to store the address-pairs of other network nodes - that is, the IEEE/MAC address and network address of each of these nodes.
  • the MAC Address table should be sized according to the combined sizes of the Neighbour table and Address Map table
  • The MAC Address table is fully persisted in EEPROM.
  • Increasing the size of this table will impact both RAM and EEPROM usage.

Routing Table

• The Coordinator needs to store routes to all the nodes in the network if it is required to communicate with every node.
  • The increase will therefore only affect RAM usage.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos