Incorrect Long Address in Update Device command after rejoin command / Zigbee / jn5169

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Long Address in Update Device command after rejoin command / Zigbee / jn5169

jackjl
Contributor I

Hoping this is a simple problem for the experts on the board:

We have an issue an issue where a battery operated device disconnects, then rejoins to one of our devices. The rejoin appears to happen properly, with the rejoining device communicating its long MAC address and being properly assigned a new short address. However, when our device then communicates an Update Device down the chain, it correctly sends the assigned short address, but for the long address in the payload, it sends all 0000's, not the long address of the rejoined devices. The controller (not ours), sees the 0x0000000000000000 and send a remove device back to our device with this address which actually causes our unit to drop from the network.   In the example images, 21C1 is the battery device, 6677 and D510 are our devices, and 0000 the controller.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jackjl,

I hope you are doing great.

I am not sure if I am following your question. The device 0xD510 is removing the 6677 devices, but the issue, that you are facing, is that the 6677 device is sending the payload as 0's.

Is it possible that you could provide the sniffer file that you have?

Also, what is the AN that you are working on?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos