I am curious about the SDK that supports wireless communication examples.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am curious about the SDK that supports wireless communication examples.

Jump to solution
SeokJin
Contributor II

Hello,

I am learning protocols and series of processes through wireless communication examples.

So, I currently purchased the FRDM-KW36 board and am running it with the KW36 SDK.

While I am learning related content, there are parts that are difficult to understand, so I am looking for boards or SDKs of versions older than FRDM-KW36.

After searching, I found that the FRDM series includes KW24, KW38, and KW41Z, and I downloaded the SDK for each series.

SeokJin_0-1703312355050.png

Please let me know if there is a type of board or SDK that can be used to learn wireless communication examples other than the FRDM-KW series I found.

Additionally, I confirmed that there are many versions of the KW36 SDK, and when I install the latest version in MCUX, when I install the previous version, it is automatically replaced by the latest version. In this case, should I delete the latest version and install the previous version? If I delete the latest version, will all the code I modified be lost?

SeokJin_1-1703312394304.png

SeokJin_2-1703312433877.png

Answers I'll wait. thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. If you are interested in BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), we have our focus products, the KW45 (Auto) and the QN9090/30 (IoT).

As part of our Legacy Products, we have the KW38 and KW36 for Auto, and QN9080 and QN9080SIP for IoT.

So, it would depend on what are you interested in, to choose the best MCU.

Regarding the SDK versions, we always recommend using the latest version of a SDK, as it might have improvements and fixes.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. If you are interested in BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), we have our focus products, the KW45 (Auto) and the QN9090/30 (IoT).

As part of our Legacy Products, we have the KW38 and KW36 for Auto, and QN9080 and QN9080SIP for IoT.

So, it would depend on what are you interested in, to choose the best MCU.

Regarding the SDK versions, we always recommend using the latest version of a SDK, as it might have improvements and fixes.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos