How to add custom(private) profile support on JN5179 ZigBee Coordinator?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add custom(private) profile support on JN5179 ZigBee Coordinator?

gaurangk
Contributor I

We want to add private profile support on JN5179 based gateway in order to support one of the ZigBee end node having a private profile. We tried to add support by updating a .zpscfg file with the use of ZBPro configuration editor but we are unable to communicate with the private profile supported end node.

We appreciate if you can share guideline/steps/example to add a custom/private profile support for JN5179 ZigBee coordinator.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

There are some guides for the JN516x, nonetheless, the JN5179 has limited support. For more information about your issue and this request could you please contact either your NXP representative or the distributor that helped you get the device? 

Regards 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

gaurangk
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for quick support.

Can you please share a list of documents available for JN516x in order to add custom profile support in it?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

You can check some of the resource files for the JN516x here. Still, for support for the JN517x, you will need to contact either a distributor or your NXP sales contact. 

Regards, 

Estephania  

0 Kudos

gaurangk
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the information.

I have gone through multiple documents from the link you have shared but unable to find custom cluster support addition related information for JN516x. Can you please point to the exact document(With specific section in it) for JN516x to add custom profile support into it?

Also, share any reference application note if available for the same.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

You can check the JN-AN-1229, and you can check this thread. Still, the process might be different for the JN5179, please contact your sales representative or distributor that helped you with the part. 

Regards, 
Estephania 

0 Kudos

gaurangk
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Now we are using JN516x only for our application so can you please help us to add custom profile support in it? We are using a control bridge application JN-AN-1216 for host node(JN516x) firmware. The link you have shared is to add custom cluster support but we are looking for custom profile support in JN516x.

Let me know in case of any additional information is required.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

When you mention a profile? Do you mean something like a ZLL ? Or HA? Because we do have guides to create a custom endpoint and custom cluster but not for profile, that implementation must be up to you.

What are you trying to implement ? Is there a specific reason why you are not using the ZigBee 3.0 ? I believe that should be enough for you as you already have everything there an you will only need to add a custom cluster and endpoint if needed.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

gaurangk
Contributor I

Hi Estephania,

Thank you for your continuous support.

We have one third-party ZigBee sensor which is working on some private ZigBee profile and we need to integrate it into our JN516x ZigBee-3.0 based ZigBee network.

Can you please help us with related documents in order to achieve it on JN516x based ZigBee network?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The closes element we have for your needs it's the

JN-AN-1229ZigBee PRO Application Template for ZigBee 3.0Provides ZigBee PRO application templates for generic ZigBee 3.0 applications on the JN516x and JN517x wireless microcontrollers.

Hope It helps

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

gaurangk
Contributor I

Thank you for pointing it out.

I got sufficient information on how to enable custom profile support with JN516x ZigBee devices.

I have one additional question on this,

I have enabled custom profile as per requirement on JN516x with ZigBee HA 1.2 co-ordinator firmware and I am able to communicate with custom profile enabled ZigBee end device but when I do the same thing with JN516x ZigBee 3.0 co-ordinator then I am unable to receive data indication packets from custom profile enabled ZigBee end device to the ZigBee 3.0 co-ordinator. I have already added required configurations in the ZigbeeNodeControlBridge.zpscfg file.

Do we need to add any additional configuration in order to enable custom profile support with ZigBee 3.0 co-ordinator?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

But, are you sure you are not receiving any packet ? Is the device sending it ? Do you have a sniffer log or something that show the communication ?

You can check as well this other post https://community.nxp.com/message/1012968  , just to confirm you are sending the information in a correct way .

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos