How do I detect a QN9080 connection loss?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I detect a QN9080 connection loss?

rickdickerson
Contributor III

I am using a custom BLE app on Android and iOS to connect to my QN9080. As expected, when I gracefully close the connection from my app, I get the gConnEvtDisconnected_c event in my connection callback function. However, there are times when the phone moves away from my device and I get a connection loss and I do not get the gConnEvtDisconnected_c event in my connection callback function. The result is that I don't know that the phone has disconnected so I permanently stay in a connected state. Is it expected that I would not get the gConnEvtDisconnected_c event when I unexpectedly lose the connection? If so, what is the best way to detect that situation?

I have noticed that when I have the unexpected connection loss, I get a gTxEntryAvailable_c event in my generic callback function. I do not get that even when I gracefully close the connection. Other than the comment where the enum is defined, there isn't any documentation on gTxEntryAvailable_c. Can someone explain what that is and tell me if it is a reliable predictor of a non-graceful connection loss? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You usually should get a timeout disconnection event. Does this happen only with your custom application ? Or if you use the IoT Toolbox do you have the same issue ?

Is there a chance that you can share your connections parameters for both the phone and the QN9080 ?

regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos