How do I decide which MEM_BLOCKs need to be enabled?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tedwu1
Contributor III

Hi friend,

I am using Q9021 with BLE SDK 1.0.0. Some definitions of my project are as follows.

#define OTA_ENABLE 0

/// Memory retention
#if (OTA_ENABLE)
#define CFG_MEM_RETENTION   (MEM_BLOCK1 | MEM_BLOCK2 | MEM_BLOCK3 | MEM_BLOCK4 | MEM_BLOCK6 | MEM_BLOCK7)// (MEM_ALL)//
#else
#define CFG_MEM_RETENTION   (MEM_BLOCK1 | MEM_BLOCK2 | MEM_BLOCK3 | MEM_BLOCK6 | MEM_BLOCK7)// (MEM_ALL)//
#endif

/// Memory retention
#if (defined(CFG_MEM_RETENTION))
    #define QN_MEM_RETENTION        CFG_MEM_RETENTION
    #define QN_MEM_UNRETENTION      (~(CFG_MEM_RETENTION) & 0xfe)
#else
    #define QN_MEM_RETENTION        (MEM_BLOCK1 | MEM_BLOCK2 | MEM_BLOCK3 | MEM_BLOCK4 | MEM_BLOCK5 | MEM_BLOCK6 | MEM_BLOCK7)
    #define QN_MEM_UNRETENTION      0
#endif

Best wishes

Ted Wu

0 Kudos
3 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @tedwu1,

Memory retention define which memory banks need to be retained in sleep mode.

There are 8 banks of SRAM, and each bank is 8k bytes. Bank 0 is always power on. The power of bank 1-7 can be configured by developer. If the memory bank is not used by application, it can be off to save power.

The BLE stack stores its data in bank 6 and 7. If the BLE is used, bank 6 and 7 should be power on. Developer can configure this macro based on memory usage to optimize power consumption.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

tedwu1
Contributor III

Hi @EduardoZamora 

How do I know that bank 1 to bank 5 need to be enabled? Where can I find information?

Best wishes

Ted Wu

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It should depend entirely on memory usage of your application and the power consumption optimization you are considering.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos