cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend ZCL command timeouts in HA SDK App

ryanf
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

I have noticed that when using the the HA SDK (JN-SW-4168) on a custom board and using the JN-AN-1223 ZigBee GUI that after a while, that an "APS Fail" starts to come in. Sniffing the channel I can see that the payload does come back eventually, but sometimes its up to 3s afterwards. I am unsure if it is because the Stack starts to hound the router (I can see it sends 8 messages within 1.2s of my sniffers time).

I can confirm this plug works very successfully with other ZigBee Coordinators purchased.

Profile: HA 1.2

Nonetheless, with other stacks in the past I have been able to set custom timeouts on this commands to not issue an error for some time, typically 3-10s.

I also notice that reading the Neighbour table every 15 minutes that the only device in my network sometimes disappears and has to do a route dicsovery to find it again.

The following response is what I received from the ZigBee GUI app mentioned above. The support sniffer image is attached with the highlighted payload and all responses following. Note: Only one request was sent.

Type: 0x8000 (Status)
   Length: 4
   SQN: 0x06

Type: 0x8702 (APS Data Confirm Fail)
   SQN: 0xE9
   Source Endpoint: 0x01
   Destination Endpoint: 0x02
   Destination Mode: 0xD3
   Destination Address: 0x01

Type: 0x8101 (Default Response)
   SQN: 0x06
   EndPoint: 0x01
   Cluster ID: 0x0006 (General: On/Off)
   Command: 0x00

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ryan,

Could you please confirm what is the AN that you are referring?

Also you are join routers and end devices, what is the example for this devices?

You don't have this issue with other devices, in other words, did you use a USB dongle, a JN module and create the network successfully?

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos