Can JN5189HN operate Zigbee and Thread simultaneously?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can JN5189HN operate Zigbee and Thread simultaneously?

Jump to solution
andy_kim
Contributor IV

Hello, Community

I'd like to know if JN5189HN can operate Zigbee and Thread simultaneously like WiFi/BT combo module.

If it is available, where can I find the information about it?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Andy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I apologize, but  in this case the way to use both stack would be based on the time sharing as there is only one radio in the device, while we do not have examples with Thread and ZigBee working together , you can check the available examples for the K32W for some hybrid examples with BLE and Thread that you can use a a base for the development of the example you are looking for. Still, please take into consideration the memory footprint of both stacks plus the application size.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
andy_kim
Contributor IV

Dear Estephania,

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I apologize, but  in this case the way to use both stack would be based on the time sharing as there is only one radio in the device, while we do not have examples with Thread and ZigBee working together , you can check the available examples for the K32W for some hybrid examples with BLE and Thread that you can use a a base for the development of the example you are looking for. Still, please take into consideration the memory footprint of both stacks plus the application size.

Regards