cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing NFC and I2C interfaces at the same time on NTP5332

Jump to solution
PK2021
Contributor II

We are using NTP5332 device on our custom board. I know that this device is accessible from NFC and the wired I2C interfaces. Is it possible to access the device via NFC and the I2C wired interface at the same time? What I want to do is bring an NFC enabled phone close to the antenna on NTP5332. It will then wake up my MCU. The MCU will then use the I2C interface to write some data to the SRAM on NTP5332. The phone will then read the data from the SRAM on NTP5332 using the NFC interface. Is that possible?

Any code sample and/or references to exact locations in the data-sheets will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for your interest in our NTAG 5 products.

Please refer to section 5 and section 6 of AN12364 where you will find how to access both interfaces.

The memory is accessible both interfaces by "First come first serve" principle. This means that one of the interfaces will be locked when the other isn´t.

I hope this information may have been useful.

Best Regards,
Fabian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Hi @PK2021 

Regarding code examples check SW for OM2NTX5332 kit. Android/iOS apps code for NFC, MCU code for i2C.

NTAG 5 development kits | NXP Semiconductors

Edward

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for your interest in our NTAG 5 products.

Please refer to section 5 and section 6 of AN12364 where you will find how to access both interfaces.

The memory is accessible both interfaces by "First come first serve" principle. This means that one of the interfaces will be locked when the other isn´t.

I hope this information may have been useful.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos