cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AW-CM358 bluetooth is not up

afridi20
Contributor III

Hi,

AW-CM358 evk combo module and I.mx8qxp mek board are being interfaced. A mmc card is used to connect to WiFi via the SDIO interface. WIFI is operational and able to find and connect to stations.

sduart8987 combo.bin is the name of the combo firmware we are using. However, we are not receiving any addresses and the names of the external Bluetooth devices cannot be obtained when testing Bluetooth from the Android 10 GUI.

We are using I.mx8qxp's uart interface, specifically its uart1rx, uart1tx, uart1rrs, and uart1cts. We can see that the HCI reset command is being sent from the I.mx8qxp side using the uart1tx port, but the uart1rx port on the AW-CM358 BT side is not responding to the command.

Because of this, uart configuration is failing there.

Do we need to test this bluetooth with or without using flow control? Also , kindly suggest the possible cause of issue and provide us with a solution.

Note: AW-CM358 is based on  NXP 88W8987 chipset-based WLAN and Bluetooth module

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

afridi 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you in advance for contacting NXP support.
Can you please help me by confirming some extra details, did you follow any guide for the hardware connections, also are you using a customer board for this.
As an additional information we have a getting started guide (link below) that you can find useful please let me know if you have any other question

Getting Started with NXP-based Wireless Modules on i.MX 8M Quad EVK Running Android 13 OS  

0 Kudos