cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APS confirm fail with distance Router to Coordinator is 15m-20m

dangthanhnha_nt
Contributor I

Dear all,

Currently, I got a routing problem occurs when I tested a Zigbee network between a Coordinator and a Router. The test's steps are described below:

1. Coordinator is module chip Jn5169 and code is use JN-AN-1216 software.
  2. Router is a module chip Jn5169 and is used JN-AN-1217 software.
  3. Sniffer use module chip Jn5169 with firmware is JennicSniffer_JN5169_1000000_HP.bin in folder \sdk\JN-SW-4170_GW\Tools\JennicSniffer.
  4. Router is joined Coordinator network and I config Router 3 – 4 minutes will auto report to Coordinator (see file zwgui.txt).
  5. Move Router far from Coordinator. When distance the Router and the Coordinator is 15m - 20m. I use command of ZWGUI from Coordinator and receive responded by Router (Command onoff Cluster, see file zwgui.txt, raw_data_with_router_far_coordinator.txt).
  6. I wait about 10 - 15 minutes and saw report from Router to Coordinaor with packet is received, the Router report message type 0x8702 (APS confirm fail), status E9 to Coordinator (see file zwgui.txt, raw_data_with_router_far_coordinator.txt).
  7. Then I am trying send packet (onoff cluster) from coordinator to Router, i received message type 0x8702 (APS confirm fail), status D4 and message type 0x8701 (Router Discovery Confirm) status D0. The second I trying send packet (onoff cluster) to Router again is fail, after I trying send packet again and I saw message report from ZWGUI Coordinator is successful (see file zwgui.txt, raw_data_with_router_far_coordinator.txt).
  8. I have use Ubiqua see message it seems like router and coordinator both lost each other link.  and the Route request is 0xFFFF and the Coordinator request is 0xFFFF (see file Ubiqua)

Question:

1. Is there a better solution to handle this issue than to wait until I can send again? (message type 0x8702 (APS confirm fail), status E9 then message type 0x8702 (APS confirm fail), status D4).
  2. Any idea why, or is there something i need to modify in the control bridge code to receive that report?
  3. I see a several post (https://community.nxp.com/message/902843) about “APS Security Timeout Period”. I don’t know if it will affect to send message from Rouer or Coordinator ‘’APS confirm fail’’?

Config as SDK:

1. APS Inter-frame Delay is 10
  2. #define apscAckWaitDuration         (100000UL)
  3. MAC_PIB_ATTR_ACK_WAIT_DURATION = 0x40,      /**< macAckWaitDuration */
  • File zwgui.txt 25-26/03/2020 raw data with distance the router to coordinator is 15-20m.
  • File Ubiqua_26032020_1.cubx 26/03/2020 data with distance the router to coordinator is 15-20m.
  • File raw_data_with_router_near_coordinator.txt and raw_data_with_router_near_coordinator_Ub.cubx: raw data from    ZWGUI with Router near coordinator (10cm) and from sniffer (27/03/2020).
  • File raw_data_with_router_far_coordinator.txt and raw_data_with_router_far_coordinator_Ub.cubx: raw data from ZWGUI    with Router near coordinator (15m – 20m) and from sniffer (27/03/2020).
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dang,

I hope you are doing great.

What is the channel that you are using? there is a lot of obstacles between the devices.

You could send a management LQI and be sure if your device is near to the coordinator. If you do not receive any response you could try to send the APS request when you receive some management LQI response.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

dangthanhnha_nt
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

I use channel 20.

I trying send a management LQI and distance router and coordinator is 20m with value 32LQI.PNG

I use the coordinator is jn5169 M06 and the router is jn5169 M00, with power transmission is default 10dm. 

Is it affect to send message from Rouer or Coordinator ‘’APS confirm fail’’?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nha Dang

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dang,

It won't affect the APS confirmed fail. The Coordinator, in this case, is not founding the router. The network is not in the same range of channels as wifi, however, could you please try with channel 11 or 25. The LQI that you are getting is to be sure that the device is in range or if it turned off.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

dangthanhnha_nt
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

Today, 

I set coordinator channel is 25 and 1 device (router) join network.

pastedImage_1.png

I send a management LQI to router and receive report LQI about 2 - 7.

pastedImage_2.png

Then I trying send LQI again , the Router do not report LQI and receive massage "APS confirm fail" with status D4.

pastedImage_3.png

After I can`t control the router (distance the router and the coordinator is the same above).

Any idea why, or is there something i need to modify in the control bridge code to receive that report?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nha Dang

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nha Dang,

Could you please provide the terminal log of your router device and the terminal of the control bridge?

Also, could you please provide the received message view from the ZWGUI.

What is the process that you did for bonding the device?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

dangthanhnha_nt
Contributor I

Hi Mario, 

I include file zwgui.txt is terminal log from the ZWGUI.

"What is the process that you did for bonding the device?"

1. Connect coordinator with ZWGUI

2. Set CMSK 25

pastedImage_1.png

3. Pemit Join with router

pastedImage_2.png

4. Request LQI = 165 when distance the router and the coordinator is 10cm

pastedImage_3.png

5. Move Router far from the Coordinator about 10.5m and 15m. After I request LQI is show file zwgui.txt

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nha Dang,

How are you enable the reporting for your device?

Could you please define in your makefile the DEBUG_ZCL? 

CFLAGS += -DDEBUG_ZCL

Please provide what are the printing values that you are getting on the case ZPS_EVENT_APS_DATA_CONFIRM when the E_SL_MSG_APS_DATA_CONFIRM_FAILED happens.

Also, when the Router can not find the Coordinator, what is the terminal log that you are getting?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

dangthanhnha_nt
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

I print log on coordinator when the case ZPS_EVENT_APS_DATA_CONFIRM (you can see file log_far_extension.txt):

1. The case D4

RX Start
Data 0x0
Data 0x92
Type 0x92
Data 0x0
Data 0x6
Length 6
Data 0x36
CRC 36

Data 0x707
Data 0x5151
Data 0xf6f6
Data 0x101
Data 0x202
Data 0x101
Got END
bSL_ReadMessage(146, 6, 36)
Packet Type 92

vSL_WriteMessage(32768, 4, 06)Got bdb event 1
ZCL_Task got event 2

CFM: SEP=1 DEP=2 Status=212

2. the case E9

RX Start
Data 0x0
Data 0x92
Type 0x92
Data 0x0
Data 0x6
Length 6
Data 0x36
CRC 36

Data 0x707
Data 0x5151
Data 0xf6f6
Data 0x101
Data 0x202
Data 0x101
Got END
bSL_ReadMessage(146, 6, 36)
Packet Type 92

vSL_WriteMessage(32768, 4, 1d)Got bdb event 1
ZCL_Task got event 2

CFM: SEP=1 DEP=2 Status=233

In my code print

" vLog_Printf(TRACE_ZCL,LOG_DEBUG, "\nCFM: SEP=%d DEP=%d Status=%d\n",
psStackEvent->uEvent.sApsDataConfirmEvent.u8SrcEndpoint,
psStackEvent->uEvent.sApsDataConfirmEvent.u8DstEndpoint,
psStackEvent->uEvent.sApsDataConfirmEvent.u8Status);"

teminal log in flie txt.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nha Dang

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dang,

I will try to reproduce your issue.

Just to confirm, please see the steps below for reproducing your issue.

1. You create a Zigbee Network 

Coordinator JN-AN-1216

Router JN-AN-1217.

2. Then you bind a specific cluster, but the devices are near each other.

How are you binding the clusters?

3. Separate the devices around 20 or 30 m and I will see the APS confirm fail. Am I wrong?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

dangthanhnha_nt
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

1. Yes I use 

Coordinator JN-AN-1216.

Router JN-AN-1217.

2. I just Permit Join the router with the coordinator. 

3. Yes.

Thank you for your support.

I hope to hear your feedback soon.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nha Dang

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dang,

I ran some test by my side

The router device is so far from the coordinator range. So, in this case, the Coordinator tries to reach the router device but it doesn't have any route available to reach the device or it doesn't receive any response from the router.

Please look at the ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

However, you know the ZigBee Protocol has a line of sight of 100, bit effective distance could be around 30 m, but also it will depend on the channel, some other wireless protocols, obstacles, the power of the device that is transmitting, temperature, humidity.

The coordinator is sending 3 times the same packets but it can not find the router, this behavior is as expected.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

BasWep
Contributor I

Hello,

Use also zigbee 3.0 but with KW41Z. coordinator to router +/- 15meter inside the office.

But when is use a extra router I can only make direct connection with the coordinator a hop/ mesh dont work with the dimmable light example.

Kind regards,

Bas Weppel

0 Kudos