cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quartz Linux UARTs

ierkiaga
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

Recently I started working with a devicesolutions quartz development board and I have some issues with the UART ports. I'm using the factory build system (factory-20150202) and I atached my .config (It's quite similar to the default one) file to reproduce the error if someone wants to help me. U-boot uses the UART0 serial port (DB-9 connector) by default and Linux also uses it as the console terminal (ttymxc0), besides the operative system register two more serial ports ttymxc1 and ttymxc3. When I try to write to these ports (both using echo hello > /dev/ttymxc3, or using picocom), the system does not respond and crashes after some time because of a watchdog signaling.

Anyone knows whats going wrong? When booting the board with the default SD card, I can see that it only registers two serial ports (ttymxc0 and ttymxc1) and both are working properly.

Thanks for you support,

Ibai Erkiaga

Original Attachment has been moved to: config.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Ibai,

We are working this same request which you submitted to the Timesys Support portal. We will follow up there, and please, do the same with any additional information you may have.

Regards,

Timesys Support

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you take this case?

0 Kudos