Processor Expert and MQX support for Vybrid

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert and MQX support for Vybrid

adiroot
Contributor I

Currently (MQX 4.0.2, PEx 10.3),  PEx is not able to generate code for the Vybrid VF6xx chipset that is compatible with MQX.

Are there plans to add support?  If so, is there a target date?

Labels (7)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello adiroot:

As an alternative, you have the option to use MQX Lite. Microcontroller Driver Suite v10.3 now includes support for Vybrid devices. With this you have a light weight RTOS and the drivers are easily included with processor expert.

Here is the link:

PE_DRIVER_SUITE: Processor Expert Software, Microcontroller Driver Suite

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

adiroot
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

If there is support for MQX in PEx 10.3 for Vybrid, I do not see it.  If I start a project with MQX Lite, no Vybrid selection shows up.  If I start a Vybrid Bare metal project, I do not get the option to add the MQX component.

0 Kudos

jackblather
Senior Contributor I

I was told that MQX-Lite is not supported for the Cortex-A5.

That was mentioned in this post:

Re: Vybrid support for other compilers.

You also commented in that thread.

With the release of PEx v10.3, visibility of the MQX-Lite component was removed for Vybrid?

0 Kudos

adiroot
Contributor I

With the release of PEx v10.3, visibility of the MQX-Lite component was removed for Vybrid?

Correct.  Apparently, MQX was never supported in PEx for Vybrid.  The fact that you could add it with 10.2 was an oversight. 

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I do not know if there are plans to support it.

But one thing you could do to migrate the PE code to MQX is just add the PE definitions in the BSP so MQX can support the code and drivers generated by PE.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

adiroot
Contributor I

Hi Alejandro,

Any chance you could elaborate on how to do that?  Is there a guide?

0 Kudos

jackblather
Senior Contributor I

It seems the best way to get PEx to work with MQX is to add PEx to an existing MQX project. That is how I got started. Details on how to do this is already documented in one of the PEx guides.

0 Kudos