Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute .bin file in OCRAM

Jump to solution
torbenlüdeking
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

At this time i'm trying to get an .bin file to run in the OCRAM. I'm writing this File to the OCRAM by using the Serial Downloader.

Writing works without any problems. But when i send the JUMP_ADDR cmd it seems to work (no more responses from Serial Downloader).

Actually it isn't, I started thinking maybe i have a Problem in the Code so i made a really simple example which contains just a few Commands to light up the two LED's on my board. This code works perfectly fine, when it is transfered and executed vie CrossStudio and JTAG. Now i'm a bit curious what could be wrong am i missing some register settings bevore i can execute the Code after it has been transfered via Serial Downloader?

I download the Project to 0x3f000000 (sys0_OCRAM) and jumping to the same ADDR (This fits the Project settings that are used to build).

We are using the Vybrid on our own Setup (not the Tower Board). According to this the MFGTool is no option.

Best regards and thank you for your future answers

Torben

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Torben

please look at attached example and link below

iRAM (OCRAM) i.MX6 SDK Application

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Torben

please look at attached example and link below

iRAM (OCRAM) i.MX6 SDK Application

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
torbenlüdeking
Contributor II

Hello Igor,

Thank you very much for these examples, they helped me to get my Code right.

For someone who has the same problem i will explain what exactly was the Problem and what you have to do:

The .bin File that was created by CrossStudio was alocated at 0x3f000000 which is the base ADR of sys0_OCRAM.

To get such a file to run it is necessary to prepend the IVT and BootData (Vybrid RM Chapter: 19.6) to the File.

Because of this the Memory Map in Crosstudio has to be adjusted so that you can prepend your IVT.

Important to know is, that the Header has to look like this 0xD1002041 (length Field in MSB first)

The remaining Information have to be LSB first!

Now just transfer and jump to the same ADR you wrote to.

A nice weekend and best regards,

Torben