キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Migrating T1042 to 4.10 kernel means ethernet receive breaks

559件の閲覧回数
markrhpearson
Contributor I

I have a T1042 based board that is working great with the 4.1 kernel we have on it (from whichever SDK that came from).

I want to move to the Yocto Rocko release and it looks like all the Freescale support for this is now in the regular 4.10 kernel which is fantastic and I want to use it. I've successfully got the kernel booting but the ethernet driver is only transmitting packets, not receiving them.

I'm still debugging but it looks like packets are received OK at the FMAN (no errors in any counters) but they don't show up in the BMAN rings (as far as I can tell). 

I know the device tree changed quite a bit - I've been using the t1042rdb.dts as a reference for updating that. I haven't updated uboot and am still using the old version there, I don't know if that's a problem (I hope not as updating uboot is a pain).

Are there any pointers/tips/suggestions on how to debug this to figure out what I'm missing. I know the HW is sane and so I figure I have just missed some small but vital piece of configuration. If there's a guide on migrating from 4.1 to 4.10 that would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance

Mark

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
2 返答(返信)

406件の閲覧回数
markrhpearson
Contributor I

A follow up on this:

I was wrong - the packets are making it to the BMI interface. I enabled the statistics (disabled by default in the 4.10 kernel) and I see the counters increment there. I don't think they are making it beyond the BMI though. It has RFRC (frame counter) set to 0x19 but RPEC (Rx prepare to enqueue counter) set to only 1. I assume it is stuck/halted processing frames at this point

The FMBM_RFNE is set to 0x500002. At this point I think it may go via DMA to an external buffer or it goes to the QMI interface (I'm not 100% sure which...)

The DMA registers are not showing any errors. The QMI registers are showing 0 in both ETFC and DTFC (and I've enabled the stats here)

I'm fairly stumped at this point. Any suggestions on how to figure out why my frames aren't leaving the BMI would be appreciated.

Tanks

Mark

0 件の賞賛

406件の閲覧回数
weo
Contributor I

These days I have put a T1042RDB into operation and started with a 4.14 and today with a 4.15 kernel. I observe the same phenomenon: sending via Ethernet is possible, but not a single packet is received. I would be grateful for any kind of support.

0 件の賞賛