using MPXHZ6130A sensor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using MPXHZ6130A sensor

chuyennguyen
Contributor I

I am trying to use MPXHZ6130A sensor, Can I embedded these sensors inside the concrete??

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chuyen Nguyen,

This is a tricky question, I cannot be completely sure since we have never tested our pressure sensor with this kind of environment, so you would need to run your own tests if needed, but, I don’t think that it is possible that you can embed pressure sensors inside the concrete because of several factors like temperature, moisture, vibrations, forces pressing the sensor package caused by the concrete, etc. If these factors are not within the specs, the pressure sensor could suffer permanent damage.

MPXHZ6130A is an absolute pressure sensor that comes in 2 different packages, one ported and the other is un-ported, I don’t know which one you are trying to use, but in both cases there is an important factor that it’s important to mention: under any circumstance, the port/hole on top of the pressure sensor should be covered/filled with the concrete, otherwise this can degrade the internal gel of the pressure chamber that is covering the wire-bonds and die circuit causing a permanent damage on the device. And if the concrete does not get in touch with the internal gel, but covers the hole/port and blocking it, then it would be very difficult to measure the differential pressure since no big pressure would be able to be applied to the port/hole.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos