cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPXV7002GC6U connectivity

kadir
Contributor I

Hi,

We have some MPXV7002GC6Us. In the manual on page 8, there are two styles for the connectivity. I first tried the style 1 and got V_out = V_s. Then, I tried the second style and got V_out = 0V. I should have gotten V_out = V_off, right? The sensor is also not responding to the pressure changes. What may be the problem?

Thanks in advance, Kadir 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Thanks for using our community. We're sorry for the misunderstanding, please disregard the "styles" shown in the datasheet, the same package drawing is used in many pressure sensors, if you noticed "Style 1" is for a differential output voltage sensor (because the +Vout and -Vout) and the "Style 2" is for an integrated pressure sensor, where the output voltage is referenced to ground (that's why only Vout is shown, instead +Vout and -Vout).

The MPXV7002 pinout can be found in Figure 1, page 3 of the datasheet and it corresponds to an integrated pressure sensor.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/data_sheet/MPXV7002.pdf

PIN 2: VS (5v)

PIN 3: GND

PIN 4: Vout

The recommended circuit is shown in Figure 3, page 4 of the same document.

The output voltage that you should get at zero pressure in P1 should be ~2.5v, please take a look at Figure 4, page 5 of the datasheet. If the sensor is unresponsive, probably it was damaged due to a wrong connection.

Hope it helps.

-Josh

0 Kudos