MPL3115A2 wiring to FRDM-KL46Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPL3115A2 wiring to FRDM-KL46Z

mattmabile
Contributor I

I have the Freescale FRDM-KL46Z and I bought a breakout board from adafruit with the Freescale MPL3115A2 mounted to it (link to adafruit breakout board: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1893).  My first question is if I have the breakout board wired correctly to the freedom J3 I/O header.  I can't find any good documentation that shows how to wire the two boards together.  Here is how I have them wired together:

MPL Terminals-------------------------------------------------------Terminals FRDM terminals
GND----------------------------------------------------------------J3-14
3vo-----------------------------------------------------------------J3-4
SCL (thru a 330 ohm resistor)-------------------------------------------J3-3 (PTE19/LCD_P58/ADC0_DM2/ADC0_SE6A/SPI0_MISO/I2C0_SCL/SPI0_MOSI)
SDA (thru a 330 ohm resistor)-------------------------------------------J3-5 (PTE18/LCD_P57/ADC0_DP2/ADC0_SE2/SPI0_MOSI/I2C0_SDA/SPI0_MISO)

If my wiring is correct, my next questions are:

1. For the CsIO1:ConsoleIO -> IO1:Serial_LDD --- Do I use 'UART0'?

a. Under settings do I use 'TSI0_CH2/PTA1/UART0_RX/TPM2_CH0' for RxD and 'TSI0_CH3/PTA2/UART0_TX/TPM2_CH1' for TxD?

2. For the E14:I2C_LDD component --- I2C channel do I use I2C1?

a. Under Settings -> Pins --- What do I use for the SDA pin and the SCL pin?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matt,

1. The ConsoleI0 configuration is right.

2. From the link

pastedImage_0.png

I think  I2C_LDD should configure the I2C0,  use the PTE18 as  SDA pin , the PTE19 as the SCL pin.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

mattmabile
Contributor I

Thanks for your response Alice.  I am going to try your suggestions out to see if it works.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok ,  you are welcome !

BR

Alice

0 Kudos