How to enable ov5640 camera module in warp7?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable ov5640 camera module in warp7?

nayananr
Contributor I

i am facing problem in enabling camera module, how you please tell me how to bring up camera driver in warp7, bz i didn't get any information on camera.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It is needed to build system for WaRP7 with kernel, supporting CSI and MIPI-CSI, since internally

MIPI CSI2 is connected to CSI module of the i.MX7. IOMUXC_GPR_GPR5 [CSI_MUX_CONTROL] bit

defines which port is connected to the CSI.

WaRP7-User-Guide/Yocto_Project.adoc at master · WaRP7/WaRP7-User-Guide · GitHub 

WaRP7 · GitHub 

To know what options should be configured in kernel, please refer to sections

6.1.1.1 (OV5640 Using MIPI CSI-2 interface) and 6.1.2 [Camera Serial Interface (CSI)] of “i.MX_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf” in Linux doc package.

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617... 

Also, please look at the following, where it is shown how to enable i.MX7 CSI via dts :

How to enable the drivers of camera module in imx-warp7 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nayananr
Contributor I

Hello Yuri Muhin

As you said i have configured the OV5640 related option and i have built an image without errors but after loading image into warp7 i checked for OV5640 module , it is telling that OV5640 is not present. As i seen in boot log the OV5640 driver was loaded. can you tell me how to check the camera is enabled in wap7, is there any cammands are available to check that option?

Thanks and Regards

Nayana  

0 Kudos

nayananr
Contributor I

can anyone help me out to solve this problem?

0 Kudos