cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with MPXV6115V for Arduino

Jump to solution
jamesb4753
Contributor I

I've just received a MPXV6115V and am trying to use it to measure internal pressure of a suction device. There doesn't seem to be any resources on how to use this with an Arduino so I wanted to ask if anyone could provide a link to some example code or help with setting this sensor up? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi James,

It should be easy to connect this sensor to Arduino boards.

It is a 5V, temperature compensated and calibrated vacuum pressure sensor. The full-scale output (no pressure difference between P1 and P2) is typ. 4.6V and the output is 38.26mV per kPa. Considering Arduino's typical 10-bit ADC powered at 5V, each ADC step corresponds to ~4.88mV (5V/1024) or 127.5Pa.  

The pins are numbered as follows:

Capture.JPG

So connect Arduino 5V to sensor pin 2. Arduino GND to sensor pin 3. Arduino analog input (for example A0) to sensor pin 4.

Read the analog value and write it to the serial monitor: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ReadAnalogVoltage 

If that is working, you can start to calculate the actual pressure.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi James,

It should be easy to connect this sensor to Arduino boards.

It is a 5V, temperature compensated and calibrated vacuum pressure sensor. The full-scale output (no pressure difference between P1 and P2) is typ. 4.6V and the output is 38.26mV per kPa. Considering Arduino's typical 10-bit ADC powered at 5V, each ADC step corresponds to ~4.88mV (5V/1024) or 127.5Pa.  

The pins are numbered as follows:

Capture.JPG

So connect Arduino 5V to sensor pin 2. Arduino GND to sensor pin 3. Arduino analog input (for example A0) to sensor pin 4.

Read the analog value and write it to the serial monitor: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ReadAnalogVoltage 

If that is working, you can start to calculate the actual pressure.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos