Does Geomagnetometer calibration model in AN4246 can determine non-orthogonality error?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Geomagnetometer calibration model in AN4246 can determine non-orthogonality error?

yuanliangx
Contributor I
     Now I have another question about the calibration model described in AN4246, I doubt it realy can calibrate the non-orthogonality error matrix?
      According AN4246 Eqn.4, Soft-Iron Model constains Soft-Iron effect?magnetometer gain effect and  non-orthogonality effect,the non-orthonality matrix can be used to model 1:the rotation of the magnetometer sensor relative to the smartphone coordinage system,2:the lack of perfect orthogonality between sensor axes.
       My calibration process:Rotate PCB in 3D space, try to make magnetometer in PCB traverse each attitude.
Geomagnetism Measured Data.jpg
then the measured geomagnetic data will be the input of the calibration model of AN4246,then I can get Soft Iron matrix(A) and Hard Iron matrix(b).
Calibration ResultCalibration ResultSoft Iron Matrix and Hard Iron MatrixSoft Iron Matrix and Hard Iron Matrix
But in this calibration process,PCB and magnetometer is rotating together,the relative axis non-orthogonality between them have no effect on the measured data.No matter how the  magnetometer axis deviation from the PCB axis,the measured geomagnetism data will be the same ellipsoid.
       So I wonder if I misunderstand the calibration model in AN4246, or there is something wrong about my calibration process?
0 Kudos
0 Replies