Documentation on IIC_RegRead and IIC_RegWrite?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation on IIC_RegRead and IIC_RegWrite?

Jump to solution
DillonM
Contributor II

Hello,

I have been following the AN4068 document in order to configure my MMA8451Q accelerometer for orientation detection. I have succeeded in doing so using the i2c-tools package commands "i2cget" and "i2cset". In the document however (and in other places across NXP) the functions "IIC_RegRead" and "IIC_RegWrite" are used. I cannot however find any information about these functions. What language are they available in? What package are they a part of?

Any more info would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you.

Such functions are used as a reference. To read and write data using the I2C module, you need to create your own functions or use a driver.

In this case, I would like to recommend the examples below as a reference for your design. The source code is attached.

FXLS8471Q - Accelerometer orientation detection function example code

MMA8451Q - Bare metal example project

Please note that the MMA8451Q accelerometer is obsolete. You may consider it for further designs.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you.

Such functions are used as a reference. To read and write data using the I2C module, you need to create your own functions or use a driver.

In this case, I would like to recommend the examples below as a reference for your design. The source code is attached.

FXLS8471Q - Accelerometer orientation detection function example code

MMA8451Q - Bare metal example project

Please note that the MMA8451Q accelerometer is obsolete. You may consider it for further designs.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos