Do you provide or can you recommend a source and type of tubing to be used on the MPXV6115VC6U? The application is vacuum pressure monitoring.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you provide or can you recommend a source and type of tubing to be used on the MPXV6115VC6U? The application is vacuum pressure monitoring.

jeffferguson
Contributor I

We are adapting a pressure monitoring system to a new design and we would like some information on a recommended tube to be used with the MPXV6115VC6U.  Due to the lack of "barbs' on the tube, we are interested to know if there is a recommended tube and clamp.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeff,

Many types of hoses with different media compatibilities, material compositions, wall thicknesses, working temperatures, working pressures and hose flexibility are available on the market. You can find some recommendations including the hose clamps in the AN1513. Please contact hose/clamp manufacturers regarding the suitability of a particular hose/clamp for your application.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

jeffferguson
Contributor I

Thank you Tomas. The issue I have is the sensor doesn’t have a barb, so the clamps I have tried are not effective. Perhaps I need to consider gluing? Is there any type of glue that should be avoided when using the MPXV6115VC6U?

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeff,

Yes, you may consider common epoxy based glue for this purpose as an additional fixing.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos