cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration of MC33771C Battery Cell Controller

WJC
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using demo code ( sw591622 MC33771CMC33772C-Battery-Cell-Controllers ). Board is running fine. I am getting voltage reading with error in mV .

How do i calibrate the voltage and current channels?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

zctbjy
Contributor I

@JozefKozon Hello, For the current measurement  i have a question. My data is randomly jumping. May I ask what may be causing it

0 Kudos

siuwash
Contributor I

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello William,

its not recommended to calibrate the Cell measurement channels in the MC3377xx BMCs. Only the current measurement through the shunt resistor is recommended. It can be done through the I2C interface with an external EEPROM. We have some documents regarding this EEPROM calibration data storing, but all are under NDA and we are not allowed to share them publicly in the community. If you need the documents I mentioned, please create a new case here and I will provide you the documents. Please see below an application engineer's answer to another customer, which had a same question.

DESCRIPTION

Fuse bank inside MC3377x is storing the Trimming Data, including Gain Correction Factor (GCF).

Main purpose of the EEPROM is to store the calibration data that will take-over the internal fuse data at each POR or Reset of the MC3377x.

For the cell measurement, it is not necessary to run calibration as the impact of the external component for the measurement has few influence on the acquisition.

For the current measurement, it is necessary to run calibration as the impact of the shunt into the accuracy of the measurement is important.

With Best Regards,

Jozef 

0 Kudos