cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to request Applets from NXP

Jump to solution
fcovely
Contributor II

How do I go about requesting a JCOP applet, NXP Fido2 in this case, from NXP?  I have a FIDO2 presentation from NXP that mentions a FIDO2 applet available 'on request' but no instructions that I can find to actually do that.

In general I thought that if I need to download secure files I look in my secure files area but there are no FIDO2 downloads shown in search.  Indeed there are no files from the search 'fido' either.

I guess I'm hoping there is one consistent way to get documents, presentations, applets, config files, etc. from NXP?  Or am I pretty much relegated to first searching secure files and then if that fails, coming back to the support forums to figure out each kind of product/file, and then if that fails opening a ticket?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @fcovely ,

I have pinged the FAE and please kindly let me know if the problem is still there.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
todd_nuzum
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I follow-up with customer 

giraffe508
Contributor IV

Requesting a JCOP applet, such as the NXP Fido2, can be done through the NXP website. However, it's important to note that not all applets are readily available for download and may require a specific request to be made. This is often the case for secure files, such as the FIDO2 applet you mentioned.

If you're unable to find the FIDO2 applet in your secure files area or through the search function, it's likely that you'll need to make a specific request. To do this, you can use the 'Contact Us' form on the NXP website. Be sure to include as much detail as possible about the applet you're requesting, including the name (FIDO2 in this case) and any relevant details from the presentation you mentioned.

In terms of finding documents, presentations, applets, config files, etc., the NXP website has a comprehensive 'Documentation' section where you can find a wide range of resources. You can access this section from the main menu on the NXP homepage. From there, you can use the search function to find specific resources. If you're unable to find what you're looking for, the 'Contact Us' form can also be used to request specific documents or files.

While the process may seem a bit fragmented, it's designed to ensure that secure files are only accessible to those who need them. So, while it may require a bit of back and forth, it's in place to maintain the security and integrity of NXP's products and services.

0 Kudos
fcovely
Contributor II

So I went through the support process at 'contact us' and they recommended I contact a supplier, which I did (avnet).  They in turn reached back out to someone at NXP but I have not heard back.  This seems fairly byzantine but biding my time to see what develops.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @fcovely ,

I have pinged the FAE and please kindly let me know if the problem is still there.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
fcovely
Contributor II

Thank you I appreciate the.  I did find the Documents section under the 'Design Center' and will start using that.  Also appreciate the 'contact us' mention.  Most sites don't do a good job at that link but certainly I will give it a try.  

0 Kudos