Errors running builder 'Cap File Verifier'

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cecilia
Contributor I

I install the JCOP 5.34.1.1 and eclipse 2022-03 (4.23.0)

I built the project for a problem, as follows:

After the project is built, the cap file can be generated and running on the real phone, but I can not run the simulation of JCOP, have a problem as follows:

The specified file not found or not readable. 

How can I resolve them? 

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Cecilia ,

I was just told that this CAP file verifier issue is a known issue indeed . It was fixed on the STAR build. Root cause is a Java version check which does not work in some cases. If you replace the attached class files from latest JCOP Tools plugin for STAR, where this issue was fixed, in your installed plugin, you should be fine. i.e., eclipse-java-2022-03-R-win32-x86_64\eclipse\plugins\com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse_6.3.0.1\com\nxp\id\jcop\eclipse\internal\builder\VerifierBuilder.class and all VerifierBuilder related class files. 

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Cecilia ,

For the first issue, is it possible to share the building log? We may help to analyze where the root cause is.

For the second issue, actually if there is a problem locating the .cap file from the simulator, then it is some sort of script or command error. Not possible to address without a log to see exactly what the issue is, please kindly share it if possible.

If you are issuing some sort of upload <path to .capfile> command in the simulator. You have to check the path value.

If ,however, you have built the code in the simulator and are getting this error then it is likely the build has not been successful. You should open the ‘Problems’ window in Eclipse and look for issues.
Also, you can open the ‘CAP File Properties’ window. If that does not show valid .cap file sizes, meaning the build has not worked.

I notice you are talking about mobile here, if you are loading a .cap file built for mobile into the Smartcard simulator it will not work. Please share more information on simulator version also.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

Cecilia
Contributor I

I provide some error messages below, please check it! thank you!

0 Kudos

Cecilia
Contributor I

Hi, @Kan_Li 

There is not error when I built the project, only the box below pops up.

Cecilia_0-1651715390315.png

Cecilia_1-1651715411806.png

The cap is generated normally, the size is normal, and can be executed on the real phone, but when I run the simulator, the box below pops up:

Cecilia_2-1651715504538.png

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Cecilia ,

Is it possible to show the contents regarding the 17 warnings? I am wondering if they lead to this kind of issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

Cecilia
Contributor I

Hi, @Kan_Li 

These warning should not lead to the error,  It's all the following warnings, which will not affect the compilation results.

Cecilia_0-1651731007885.png

Do you have any better solutions in-house? This kind of problem is relatively common, and the JCOP plug-in is more demanding on the environment.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Cecilia ,

Thanks for the information! 

Yes, I agree these warning would not lead to this issue. This kind of error would indicate that customer has chosen to use a Java API that in future will not be available.

So if for example the customer has built with JavaCard 3.05, a later version may not include this deprecated API and so in effect it is a warning that his applet may become unusable in the future.

The .cap file verifier is checking that the .cao package is consistent with itself, so for instance, a Header section in the .cap file might not match another section in the .cap file if it was corrupted.

So far we can reproduce your issue by editing a valid .cap file which was previously built and successfully loaded, but after that ,  the simulator does not allow the faulty .cap file to be loaded. maybe it is still not your case , so we don't have a solution yet.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

Cecilia
Contributor I

Hi, @Kan_Li 

The .cap file can be loaded on the real phone and can not be loaded by the simulation,  I'm having the same problem as you, but I don't have a good solution. The .cap file must be checked by cap file verifier before it is loaded to the simulation? 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Cecilia ,

Yes, it must be checked before loading, and I am also wondering if the cap file can be executed on a real phone without any problem even it can not be loaded by the simulator. Usually such file would run into some issue in that case.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

Cecilia
Contributor I

Hi,Kan_Li

When I built the project, it had a problem as follows:

Cecilia_0-1651235842952.png

I try to delete this option and the above problem will not be reported again, as shown below:

Cecilia_1-1651236163436.png

Although the above error is reported in the build, the cap file is generated, and this file can run normally on the mobile phone, but the following error is displayed when running the simulator.

Cecilia_2-1651236328516.png

This error seems to happen often, such as the following link:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Secure-Authentication/JCOP-4-tools-install-is-defeating-me/m-p/1162670

I tried using this versionEclipse Kepler Java EE and the first error is no longer reported, but the second error still occurs when running the emulator.

0 Kudos