Does the Nano Package support authenticate sessions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Nano Package support authenticate sessions?

Jump to solution
deang
Contributor III

I'd like to create an authenticated session with the se050 using an AES key.  The nano package doesn't seem to support this.  Is my understanding correct?

This is important b/c I would like to set policies for secure keys and data for a specific key.  I know you can set the authid to 0 when setting policies, but that's not what I need.

Another example, if I set the RESERVED_ID_FACTORY_RESET key with an AES key, then how do I create an authenticated session to use the DeleteAll function?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
deang
Contributor III

Thanks Kan,  

Yes this is what I was looking for.   Let me give it a shot before closing this post.

Dean

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @deang ,

For AESKey session example, please kindly refer to https://github.com/NXPPlugNTrust/nano-package/blob/feature/zephyr-integration/examples/se05x_qi_auth... .

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
deang
Contributor III

Thanks Kan,  

Yes this is what I was looking for.   Let me give it a shot before closing this post.

Dean

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @deang ,

Actually only platform SCP is supported by Nano Package. In case, applet session is required, it can be done at the application level (inside example code).. and use scp functions to again encrypt the data. The example is available in https://github.com/NXPPlugNTrust/nano-package/blob/master/examples/se05x_mandate_scp03/src/ex_se05x_... , in which a UserId session is opened , and the data is encrypted / decrypted in example using scp functions . You may do similarly with an AESKey session.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
deang
Contributor III

Tried using the examples, but still unable to create an AES authenticated session. I don't want to burn a lot of time on debugging and porting this code.  Not being able to create an authenticated session is a big problem.  Without the ability to set policies to protect keys and objects the se050 is vulnerable and limited. 

Hopefully future versions of the Nano package will directly support authenticated sessions.

For now I will close this topic, but the problem remains.

0 Kudos