cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap File Verifier error with JCOP 6.0.1.12

Jump to solution
huckym
Contributor II

System: windows or osx with eclipse 2022-12 and JDK 17 with compatibility set to 1.6

Just the simple template project using the eclipse wizard. Cap file seems to be generated ok but cap file verifier complains with the error message as shown in the screenshot. Turning off the verifier in the builder settings let me complete the build but then the debugger doesn't proceed complaining that "specified file not found or not readable"

There seems to be a similar issue posted back in april of last year but without any resolution. Please help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @huckym ,

I was just told that this CAP file verifier issue is a known issue indeed . It was fixed on the STAR build. Root cause is a Java version check which does not work in some cases. If you replace the attached class files from latest JCOP Tools plugin for STAR, where this issue was fixed, in your installed plugin, you should be fine. i.e., eclipse-java-2022-03-R-win32-x86_64\eclipse\plugins\com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse_6.3.0.1\com\nxp\id\jcop\eclipse\internal\builder\VerifierBuilder.class and all VerifierBuilder related class files. 

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @huckym ,

The cap file needs to be verified otherwise the simulator does not allow the faulty .cap file to be loaded. Is it possible to share the logs? You may open the ‘Problems’ window in Eclipse and look for issues. Also, you can open the ‘CAP File Properties’ window. If that does not show valid .cap file sizes, the build has not worked.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
huckym
Contributor II

I did manage to get the debugger to work on windows. I guess the simulator is supported on windows only, correct?

The cap verifier still fails with the error message above. I can see the cap file properties reported ok on the side panel and can debug it and also load it on the card. For now I am just continuing development with verifier turned off but would be good to understand the reason

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @huckym ,

I was just told that this CAP file verifier issue is a known issue indeed . It was fixed on the STAR build. Root cause is a Java version check which does not work in some cases. If you replace the attached class files from latest JCOP Tools plugin for STAR, where this issue was fixed, in your installed plugin, you should be fine. i.e., eclipse-java-2022-03-R-win32-x86_64\eclipse\plugins\com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse_6.3.0.1\com\nxp\id\jcop\eclipse\internal\builder\VerifierBuilder.class and all VerifierBuilder related class files. 

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
huckym
Contributor II

Thanks. I can confirm that this fixed the issue. 

0 Kudos
huckym
Contributor II

Here is some relevant log from eclipse but I still don't understand the error

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2023-01-11 22:05:03.067
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".
!STACK 0
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: begin 0, end -1, length 1
	at java.base/java.lang.String.checkBoundsBeginEnd(String.java:4604)
	at java.base/java.lang.String.substring(String.java:2707)
	at com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.builder.VerifierBuilder.checkJavaVersionCompatibilityForCapFileVerifier(VerifierBuilder.java:406)
	at com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.builder.VerifierBuilder.build(VerifierBuilder.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:1020)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:247)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:303)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:392)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:395)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:506)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:454)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:536)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.buildInternal(Workspace.java:524)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.build(Workspace.java:420)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BuildAction$1.runInWorkspace(BuildAction.java:291)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:43)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 75 2023-01-11 22:05:03.068
!MESSAGE Errors occurred during the build.
!SUBENTRY 1 com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse 4 75 2023-01-11 22:05:03.068
!MESSAGE Errors running builder 'Cap File Verifier' on project 'fw'.
!STACK 0
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: begin 0, end -1, length 1
	at java.base/java.lang.String.checkBoundsBeginEnd(String.java:4604)
	at java.base/java.lang.String.substring(String.java:2707)
	at com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.builder.VerifierBuilder.checkJavaVersionCompatibilityForCapFileVerifier(VerifierBuilder.java:406)
	at com.nxp.id.jcop.eclipse.internal.builder.VerifierBuilder.build(VerifierBuilder.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:1020)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:247)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:303)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:392)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:395)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:506)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:454)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:536)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.buildInternal(Workspace.java:524)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.build(Workspace.java:420)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BuildAction$1.runInWorkspace(BuildAction.java:291)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:43)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @huckym ,

Thanks for the sharing! I will let you know when we have more info after the investigation. 

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos