vlps abort debug

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vlps abort debug

Contributor I

hi NXP member:

i have samoe questiones about VLPS mode.i am using s32k148 board and debug with usbmultilink and gdb.

1. does AWIC get all NVIC register, can a disable interrupt wakeup the core?

2. what happen if vlps abort? is the core stoped? does the AWIC works in this case? i am using usbmultilink to step debug s32k148 , is this abort caused by debug command?

3. even vlps abort happens, gpio wakeup interrupt also works well, i get vlps abort conclusion by reading 0x4007e00c = 0x0a and this read action (gdb command x/4xw 0x4007e000)is right after wfi command after gdb command wakeup the core.

4. i also wondering how to debug VLPS abort, i am using POWER_SYS_SetMode(2, POWER_MANAGER_POLICY_AGREEMENT); to enter vlps mode, i have checked SCG register to make sure SIRC is the clock source and checked NVIC registers to make sure no interrupt occurs right befor the "wfi" command. is there anything else should to be checked?

i need these answers urgently, greatful for u help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Li Feng,

1. Does AWIC get all NVIC register, can a disable interrupt wakeup the core?

Do you want to disable the AWIC before you enter a low power mode? In the Table 8-5. AWIC stop and VLPS wake-up sources mention the modules that are connected to this module.

2. what happen if vlps abort? is the core stoped? does the AWIC works in this case? i am using usbmultilink to step debug s32k148 , is this abort caused by debug command?

Any time you enter a very low power mode (VLPS) in this case the debugger will not detect that the core is still alive and will disconnect automatically, so you will not be able to debug after entering this mode. Some times, if you're debugging while using low power modes, the debugger doesn't let the MCU to enter the mode so I will suggest to not debug while your configuring this modes.

3. even vlps abort happens, gpio wakeup interrupt also works well, i get vlps abort conclusion by reading 0x4007e00c = 0x0a and this read action (gdb command x/4xw 0x4007e000)is right after wfi command after gdb command wakeup the core.

Is probable that your firmware continues running but the debug was disconnect at the moment the VLPS mode was called.

4. i also wondering how to debug VLPS abort, i am using POWER_SYS_SetMode(2, POWER_MANAGER_POLICY_AGREEMENT); to enter vlps mode, i have checked SCG register to make sure SIRC is the clock source and checked NVIC registers to make sure no interrupt occurs right befor the "wfi" command. is there anything else should to be checked?

What do you mean with VLPS abort? After the MCU exit this mode? Usually, all the NVIC interrupts are disabled except for the one used to wake up the MCU.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos