Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32k324 doesn't responses interrupt request

Jump to solution
huangjia
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I applied for some s32k344 sample chips before, and configured one of them to s32k324. I created a new project for s32k324 and regenerated the driver code. All functions worked fine, except for entering ISR. I downloaded the former project of s32k344 to the chip, interrupts can be triggered regularly.  

I exchanged the link files and startup code between the two project, only the project of s32k344 can trig interrupts still.

Anyone met the same problem? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for sharing this! It's interesting, I will report it to S32DS team.

Thanks,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

is it possible to share both projects to make our investigation faster?

Thank you.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
huangjia
Contributor II

Hi, 

Files all uploaded. Thanks.

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Using your project, I was still able to hit the interrupt handler (PIT_0_ISR). See the following snapshots:
lukaszadrapa_0-1649142500580.png

With dual core debug, the application run on CM7_0 was able to hit PIT_0_ISR. The application run on CM7_1 couldn't be executed.
lukaszadrapa_1-1649142500609.png

By running only application on CM7_0, the PIT_0_ISR still was able to be hit.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
huangjia
Contributor II

Thank you lukaszadrapa,  but it's really curious. Have you regenerated the code?  Or the s32k324 chip you were using was not configured from s32k344?

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I used also Lauterbach debugger now and I can reach the ISR too:

lukaszadrapa_0-1649326875561.png

I just recompiled the project, it was not necessary to generate the code again.

I tested it on S32K3X4EVB-Q257 switched to S32K324.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
huangjia
Contributor II

Hi lukaszadrapa ,

I can hit the interrupt now, and the solution is configuring the target to s32k344 again. 

Regards.

Huangjia.

1649385549(1).png

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @huangjia 
I'm still discussing this issue directly with Pemicro, so we can fix this issue. Is it possible to provide version of your GNU ARM Pemicro Interface plugin? Just select Help -> About S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform -> Installation Details. Here you should find "GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support". Please either tell me the version or just make a screenshot of this window.
Thank you for help.
Regards,
Lukas

0 Kudos
huangjia
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,

Is there any new information? I'm looking forward to hearing it. By the way, i found if target was selected as S32K324_EMU in PE configuration, interrupts could be hit sometimes.

Regards.

Huang.

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @huangjia 

it's still not resolved.

I was asked by Pemicro if we can try to install latest plugin. Would you find some time to test it? Just go to Help -> Install New Software and select "Work with" as Pemicro. Then you should see the latest plugin. Is this working on your side? The problem is that Pemicro still can't reproduce it on their side even if I provided your project to them.

Thanks,

Lukas

0 Kudos
huangjia
Contributor II

Hi @lukaszadrapa 

I tried to update PE driver via s32ds IDE these two days, but it always disconnected while downloading.  Is there anyway to download the update packages directly?

I thought you have tried my project and hit the interrupt, so what your PE driver version? Have you ever updated it to version 5.1.7?

Thanks.

Huang.

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @huangjia 

I have exactly the same version as you have. We tested it using this version and we can't see the issue. One idea I got from Pemicro was to try the new plugin.

I'm not really sure why the update does not work on your side. I can't see other option how to update it. I will try to ask.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
huangjia
Contributor II

Glad to hear that, thank you very much. 

s32ds pe version.bmp

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for sharing this! It's interesting, I will report it to S32DS team.

Thanks,

Lukas

0 Kudos