cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code hangs on WDOG_EWM_IRQHandler()

Jump to solution
s32k146_ige
Contributor IV

My code has started to hang in WDOG_EWM_IRQHandler (), it was working while ago. there is apparent no reason to have this behavior. 

I have 2 freertos task running, if i disable task 2, it runs fine and doesnt hang in default ISR. But if i enable task 2 it hangs, in task 2 i have added 10ms delay at very start. and while single stepping this vTaskdelay sends the code in default ISR

static void task2()
{
	uint32_t lu32Counter = 0;
	// wait 10ms
	vTaskDelay(pdMS_TO_TICKS(10));

I have 2 interrupt running 1 for uart1 and 1 for uart2. apart from that i wanted to use GPIO interrupt but it is disabled now. 

I also added following code to disable WDOG, at start

I have also tried increasing the TASK stack depth and had no effect

WDOG->CNT=0xD928C520;     /* Unlock watchdog 		*/
  WDOG->TOVAL=0x0000FFFF;   /* Maximum timeout value 	*/
  WDOG->CS = 0x00002100;    /* Disable watchdog 		*/

can anyone guide me in diagnosing this fault ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
s32k146_ige
Contributor IV

Hi, There is no other ISR used other than UART1 and 2. But this problem was persistent. After lots of effords we decided to create new workspace and it worked in new WS.

this is kinda illogical situation because code was not edited. same code with same stack size worked after importing in new workspace.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sushant Naik,

The Default_ISR is probably a fault exception, I assume you don't have HardFault_Handler() implemented in the project.

Can you confirm it by reading the CFSR core register in the Default_ISR and debug it?

You should be able to find the type of the exception and the PC address of the fault instruction.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K-Knowledge-Base/Fault-handling-on-S32K14x/ta-p/1114447

Thank you,

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos
s32k146_ige
Contributor IV

Hi, There is no other ISR used other than UART1 and 2. But this problem was persistent. After lots of effords we decided to create new workspace and it worked in new WS.

this is kinda illogical situation because code was not edited. same code with same stack size worked after importing in new workspace.

0 Kudos