What is the CSEc key, BOOT_MAC's debug protect attribute use for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the CSEc key, BOOT_MAC's debug protect attribute use for?

Jump to solution
yaojianhang
Contributor II

HI,@lukaszadrapa

As the question head saying, I don't know what is the CSEc key, BOOT_MAC's debug protect attribute use for. I have tried to set this attribute, and found secure boot will also be succeed with debug attatched, would you give me some explains? thank you very much!

BR,

yaojianhang.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK, in case of BOOT_MAC, I can see that it really doesn't work as expected. Thanks for pointing this out, I will report it. The workaround is simple here - set this attribute for BOOT_MAC_KEY instead of BOOT_MAC. It is sufficient if at least one of them is set. The effect will be the same.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yaojianhang 

not sure how you tested this but it works as expected on my side...

This is a state when I turn on the board and connect a debugger without reset (hot attach):

lukaszadrapa_0-1678957105315.png

If debugger is connected and if I reset the board via debugger:

lukaszadrapa_1-1678957136284.png

So, I can see no problem here.

How did you set the attribute? I used AN5401 for my test and I used:

calculate_M1_to_M5(M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, MASTER_ECU_KEY_VALUE, BOOT_MAC_KEY_VALUE, MASTER_ECU_KEY, BOOT_MAC_KEY, 1, 0b001000);

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
yaojianhang
Contributor II
HI, @lukaszadrapa

I teset BOOT_MAC's debug protect attribute not BOOT_MAC_KEY.'s, thanks for your reply!
0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK, in case of BOOT_MAC, I can see that it really doesn't work as expected. Thanks for pointing this out, I will report it. The workaround is simple here - set this attribute for BOOT_MAC_KEY instead of BOOT_MAC. It is sufficient if at least one of them is set. The effect will be the same.

Regards,

Lukas