Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does IP abbreviation mean ??!

Jump to solution
kyf
Contributor V

Hello guys.

I am looking for the meaning of IP abbreviation. After some easy google search I've found-out many meanings to my question, like: Inter-Platform, Intellectual Property etc.

But I can not understand the meaning of IP in the cases bellow:

1. In this site : NXP launches Real-Time Drivers (RTD) software for AUTOSARTM and non-AUTOSAR as S32K3 Automotive MCU ...  there is the phrase bellow:

"Comprehensive IP coverage via AUTOSAR standard and complex device drivers"

Does the above translated to Comprehensive Intellectual Property coverage via AUTOSAR ... ? or something else ?

2. In this site : Real-Time Drivers (RTD) in the end of the first paragraph there is the phrase:

"...cores and ISO 26262 compliance for all software layers, providing full IP and features:"

Is the abbreviation IP translated Intellectual Property ? or something else ??

3. I've seen that the abbreviation IP is showing up in RealTimeDriver's examples. I'm attaching a screenshot bellow that shows that. 

RTD_drivers_IP_meaning.jpg

4. Also here in RTD's product brief there is the phrase bellow:

"Hardware IPs to Software mapping"

RTD_drivers_IP_meaning2.jpg

What is the meaning of IP here ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

IP means "Intellectual Property". In fact it means specific HW module as described in device's reference manual. If you say "Integrated Peripheral", it is quite correct interpretation as it is the same actually.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

IP means "Intellectual Property". In fact it means specific HW module as described in device's reference manual. If you say "Integrated Peripheral", it is quite correct interpretation as it is the same actually.

kyf
Contributor V

Thank you David for your reply.

0 Kudos
kyf
Contributor V

Hello again.

I'm posting here some of the assumptions that I've done after reading many documents that refer to the abbreviation "IP".

IP: Internal Peripheral or Integrated Peripheral

0 Kudos
endrunner_smw
Contributor III

Seems to be Intellectual Property from what I could find.

I enjoyed this community blog post over at arm.com

What is IP anyway? - Architectures and Processors blog - Arm Community blogs - Arm Community