Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog instances definition and SWT_lp support

Jump to solution
Drifter22
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using the SWT_lp driver component for implementing watchdog mechanism on Core 0. 

I'd like to use the same mechanism on Core 1 execution: is it possible to use driver functions (e.g. Swt_Ip_Init()) also into Core 1 with same instance value (e.g. 0) as Core 0 or it should be used another instance? Obviously I would define SWT driver component also into Core 1 MEX file.

My second question is related to SWT_lp behaviour: I saw that if I don't refresh watchdog, after a fixed number of reset (I saw it's 9 or 10) the MCU does not reset anymore and I saw that the code is stucked into Swt_Ip_Disable() function (which is never called into my code). Why this behaviour? I expected that MCU kept resetting due to watchdog timeout continous expiration.
My configuration is the following:

swt_lp_config.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Drifter22 

The number of resets that can be done is limited by the enablement of the functional reset escalation. This function is enabled by writing a non-zero value to the FRET field of this register, and it limits the functional resets that cause a reset sequence to be initiated. Refer to section 33.7.7 (Functional reset escalation) of the S32K3xx Reference Manual, Rev. 8.

Disabling the functional reset escalation is not recommended because it is a protection to prevent the MCU from having unexpected behavior. If you want to know how to disable this function, check the following community post. It has information related to the topic. 

SWT Expires Only 8 Times

Regarding the SWT instances for each core, refer to Table 416 (SWT configuration) of the S32K3xx Reference Manual, Rev. 8.

B.R.

VaneB

View solution in original post

1 Reply
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Drifter22 

The number of resets that can be done is limited by the enablement of the functional reset escalation. This function is enabled by writing a non-zero value to the FRET field of this register, and it limits the functional resets that cause a reset sequence to be initiated. Refer to section 33.7.7 (Functional reset escalation) of the S32K3xx Reference Manual, Rev. 8.

Disabling the functional reset escalation is not recommended because it is a protection to prevent the MCU from having unexpected behavior. If you want to know how to disable this function, check the following community post. It has information related to the topic. 

SWT Expires Only 8 Times

Regarding the SWT instances for each core, refer to Table 416 (SWT configuration) of the S32K3xx Reference Manual, Rev. 8.

B.R.

VaneB