The red light of the OPENSDA is always on, and the program cannot be debugged

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The red light of the OPENSDA is always on, and the program cannot be debugged

tpcom
Contributor II

The red light of the OPENSDA is always on, when I inserted USB, as if the reset pin has been pulled down. The motherboard is normal before this fault occurs. The reason for this fault is that a program is downloaded to s32k144 and it is found that the program does not run normally. I tried to update the bootload of opensad, and the firmware was also updated. The fault is still the same. I don't know how to solve it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi tpcom,

Does your computer recognize the board as BOOTLOADER or S32K144EVB drive? If S32K144EVB drive:

The D2 LED GREEN(SDA_LED) is light means the OpenSDA is ok.
The D3 GREEN(PWR_LED) is light means the VDD is ok.
SDA_RST_LED
If the D1 RED(SDA_RST_LED) continuously ON, then your S32K144 may continuously reset. It may caused by no correct program flashed into S32K144.

SDA_RST_LED S32K144EVB Rev B1.png

If click Debug in S32DS after check Emergency Kinetis Device Recovery by Full Chip Erase still not able to connect MCU, then I am afraid you need to use the P&E Recovery Utility.

Emergency Kinetis Device Recovery by Full Chip Erase.png

Please try to use P&E Recovery Utility halt MCU by refer to Recovering Cortex-M Microcontroller with a Power Glitch.

Robin_Shen_0-1659067322405.png

Plug J7 to enable the OpenSDA. External power J16 can be used to power cycling MCU(connect Pin1-2 of J107). If you don't use external power, then Pin2-3 J107 can be used power cycling MCU.
After halt the MCU, you should be able to debug it with S32DS.

Robin_Shen_1-1659067323306.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tpcom
Contributor II

The D2 LED GREEN(SDA_LED) is light means the OpenSDA is ok.
The D3 GREEN(PWR_LED) is light means the VDD is ok.

1.This method of "Emergency Kinetis Device Recovery by Full Chip Erase" still not able to connect MCU.  The D1 RED(SDA_RST_LED) continuously ON.

2.Plug J7 to enable the OpenSDA. External power J16 can be used to power cycling MCU(connect Pin1-2 of J107). I try power cycling my board, it still not able to connect MCU, the D1 RED(SDA_RST_LED) continuously ON.

3.Plug J7 to enable the OpenSDA. Internal power can be used to power cycling MCU(connect Pin2-3 of J107). I try power cycling my board via plug J7, it still not able to connect MCU, the D1 RED(SDA_RST_LED) continuously ON.

Is there any other way?recovery.png

Best Regards,
Tpcom

0 Kudos