S32k14x UART flow control

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k14x UART flow control

chandan_uv
Contributor III

Hello, I am using S32K146 and want to implement UART with flow control (RTS and CTS). I understand that I have to configure these 2 pin for same with UART pin based on pinout MUX sheet. I want to understand does the control for these pin auto taken care by hardware based on usual function call like LPUART_DRV_ReceiveData() and LPUART_DRV_SendData()  or anything extra needs to be done in application software.  

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

chandan_uv
Contributor III

@VaneB I already checked that example. In same, standard SDK function are not used, direct registers are used in setLpuartHardFlowCtrl().

Also can you answer this " I understand that I have to configure these 2 pin for same with UART pin based on pinout MUX sheet. I want to understand does the control for these pin auto taken care by hardware based on usual function call like LPUART_DRV_ReceiveData() and LPUART_DRV_SendData()  or anything extra needs to be done in application software"

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chandan_uv 

As I mentioned before, the SDK does not support hardware flow control.  

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chandan_uv 

Unfortunately, the LPUART SDK driver does not support hardware flow control. But at S32K Knowledge Base, you can find an example to run on the S32K144EVB board with RTM 3.0.0. 

S32K LPUART hardware flow control

Also, refer to sections 53.4.3.2 and 53.4.4.3 of the S32K1xx Series Reference Manual. 

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

chandan_uv
Contributor III

@VaneB In that example, CTS<-> RTS andCTS<-> RTS but generally they are , CTS<-> CTS and RTS<-> RTS connected. In that case, what should be changed in the code?

0 Kudos