cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k118 PIN states

srikanthkala
Contributor III

Hello Team

I would like to know the initial state of all peripherals during the below modes, please share a document for the below info if you have

VLPS

VLPR

RUN

HSRUN

Pin reset

Code execution

majorly my concern is to know all pin states during POR , RESET, Flashing/code execution ..

@#S32K118

4 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello srikanth, 

According to section 12.1 of the RM, any pad configuration done in RUN/VLPR mode is retained in low power modes (STOP1, STOP2/VLPS). So, for the modes VLPS, VLPR, RUN, and HSRUN you will have the same reset values. 

The download of the RM include some Excel files, here you will find a file that specifies the reset value of all the S32K118 pins. 

pastedImage_4.png

Just to confirm, when you mentioned that you want to know the status of the pins during RESET, do you mean that in which specific status the pins are while the RESET is taking place? And during the Flashing/code execution, do you mean the status of the pins when you are flashing your application into the S32K? 

Regards, 

Victor 

srikanthkala
Contributor III

Hello Victor

Thank you for the reply

I have gone through this but majorly what is the reset behavior (i.e. during reset) of an I/O and ADC pins.

do you mean that in which specific status the pins are while the RESET is taking place?---> Yes

And during the Flashing/code execution, do you mean the status of the pins when you are flashing your application into the S32K?--> Yes

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello srikanth, 

Thanks for clarifying! I'm currently checking this internally with the design team. I will give you an update as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello srikanth,

Thanks for the patience regarding this case. 

Regarding the pin status during Reset; all pins keep the default state. This is, Analog pins keep the analog function, digital pins are disabled, in other words in high impedance and finally, the JTAG pins remain with the JTAG function.

Now, during the programming, the debugger will reset the chip and take control of the resources of the MCU, it will send commands to erase and write the flash memory, so during this process the only pins that change are the Reset pin and the ones related with the SWD, keeping all other pins in high impedance.

Best Regards,

Victor

0 Kudos