Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32SDK for S32K3 for S32DS Arm IDE

Jump to solution
eiankit
Contributor II

Hi,

We have requirement of SDK for S32K3 MCU for S32DS ARM IDE. I know there is SDK for S32K3 available for S32DS for S32 Platform IDE. Here mentioning couple of query below:

1. Can you please let me know, SDK available for S32 platform IDE that same work for Arm IDE? If this not work then please let me know, when SDK will available for Arm IDE?
  2. In Arm IDE there is processor expert tool available for configuration of MCU and same way in S32 platform IDE S32 configuration available for configuration of MCU. How much difference for both tool for configuration?

Regards,

Ankit

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1) S32K3 is not supported in ARM IDE, just through S32 Platform IDE. And a Real Time Drivers (RTD) are offered for S32K3 in this S32DS. RTD release package contains source code, Tresos configuration, S32CT configuration, examples, documentation. From a delivery perspective, two methods are available: Design studio update site or Installer published in Flexera

2) From SDK perspective, S32 Configuration Tool, that is part of S32 Design Studio, is used to configure the drivers. In the S32 Configuration Tool both HL and IP interfaces of the driver can be configured, in order to maintain the functionality already provided in SDK.
You can refer to below How to guide to have basic insight how project is created. It is for S32V device, however usage of the Configurator Tool is nearly the same
https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/HOWTO-Create-a-simple-blinking-LED-pro...

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1) S32K3 is not supported in ARM IDE, just through S32 Platform IDE. And a Real Time Drivers (RTD) are offered for S32K3 in this S32DS. RTD release package contains source code, Tresos configuration, S32CT configuration, examples, documentation. From a delivery perspective, two methods are available: Design studio update site or Installer published in Flexera

2) From SDK perspective, S32 Configuration Tool, that is part of S32 Design Studio, is used to configure the drivers. In the S32 Configuration Tool both HL and IP interfaces of the driver can be configured, in order to maintain the functionality already provided in SDK.
You can refer to below How to guide to have basic insight how project is created. It is for S32V device, however usage of the Configurator Tool is nearly the same
https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/HOWTO-Create-a-simple-blinking-LED-pro...

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
eiankit
Contributor II

Hi @PetrS ,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you please let me know when will NXP is planning to release SDK for Arm IDE?

BR,

Ankit

0 Kudos