cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 RTD3.0.0 UART Baudrate

Jump to solution
iverson3ya
Contributor III

I've migrated from RTD2.0.3 to RTD3.0.0 and encountered an issue with the UART baudrate settings. For some reason, the baudrate values appear to be incorrect when I transmit data. While everything worked fine in RTD2.0.3 in terms of both sending and receiving data via UART, I'm facing difficulties with RTD3.0.0. I've tested this with both UART0 (80MHz) and UART9 (40MHz) ports, and the problem persists for both.

S32DS3.4 -> RTD2.0.3   UART success

S32DS3.5 -> RTD3.0.0   UART bauderate fail

All the settings are exactly the same.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Please tell me which RTD are you using for testing?
Please tell me which NXP S32K344 development board are you testing? So that I can test it on that board.
Which example are you testing? Uart_Example_S32K344 or LpuartFlexio_Uart_Ip_Example_S32K344?
Try to send 0x55 and then measure the actual baud rate sent by the UART. And compared with the baud rate that you configured.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Please tell me which RTD are you using for testing?
Please tell me which NXP S32K344 development board are you testing? So that I can test it on that board.
Which example are you testing? Uart_Example_S32K344 or LpuartFlexio_Uart_Ip_Example_S32K344?
Try to send 0x55 and then measure the actual baud rate sent by the UART. And compared with the baud rate that you configured.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
iverson3ya
Contributor III

Thank you for your help. I have already found the reason.

I forgot to include the following code after Mcu_InitClock.

#if (MCU_NO_PLL == STD_OFF)
/* Wait until PLL is locked */
while (Mcu_GetPllStatus() != MCU_PLL_LOCKED){}
/* Use PLL clock */
Mcu_DistributePllClock();
#endif