cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K324 : Debugger and Peripheral Clock

sreekanthkn
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using S32K324 controller and PE micro multilink debugger. I had a problem in running the software without debugger. I was able to run the software with debugger connected but when I tried to run the SW without debugger as standalone, software was not running. After spending some time investigating, I enabled the peripheral clock for all the peripherals in the SW and then I was able to run the SW without debugger also.

My question is how PE micro debugger impacts the clock of the peripherals?

Thanks in advance.

Sreekanth

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

sreekanthkn
Contributor I

Hi Lukas,

thanks for your reply.

This option is disabled in my setup. Unfortunately I can not share the project with you. Is there any other pointers I can check?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

you can try to attach the debugger to a running target, so you can check state of the device. Take a look at this thread, for example:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/How-attach-to-running-program/m-p/1030375

Another thing - I would try to enable the clocks one by one to see what makes the difference exactly.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

sreekanthkn
Contributor I

Hi Lukas,

execution is stopped with a bus fault originated from DMA code.

Best regards,

Sreekanth

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sreekanth,

Pemicro uses *.mac file to perform some basic steps for debugging. You can find it at this path:

c:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_5.2.6.202206301831\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\NXP\S32K3xx\S32K324.mac

But it should be disabled by default. Could you check in debug configurations if it is disabled?

lukaszadrapa_0-1668144800705.png

If this doesn't help, is it possible to provide simple project to reproduce the issue?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos