S32K314 bootloader jump to app

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K314 bootloader jump to app

bydong111
Contributor I

We used the S32K314 chip with the official code package RTD 3.0P01 HF02. When we developed the bootloader to jump to the app, an error occurred when we executed the initialization process in the app software. The specific execution process is as follows:

bydong111_0-1706180999216.png

We further locate the fault code as follows:

bydong111_1-1706181012941.jpeg

The code is located in the Power_lp_PMC.c file. When the PMC register is cleared, the code is abnormal

We suspect that it is caused by the initialization process performed by both the App and the bootloader. We would like to ask if there is any suggested execution process or Demo execution example program for this kind of application

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bydong111,

What error do you see?

Is it a fault exception? If so, what kind? Can you read the Configurable Fault Status Register (CSFR)?

The Last Mile regulator must not be disabled while the PLL is enabled.

Please check the PLL configuration before you call Power_Ip_Init().

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

bydong111
Contributor I

Currently, our driver code uses EB configuration. The initialization steps are as follows:
init.jpg

The bootloader and the APP have the same initialization process. When jumping from the bootloader to the APP, there is no software reset action performed. Instead, the program jumps directly into the APP, where all the initializations are executed once again. When executing the PMC clear action in the Mcu_Init() function, the program freezes.

It appears that after jumping into the APP, due to the absence of a reset action, the PLL and Last Mile regulator are enabled. However, in the Mcu_Init() function, the Last Mile regulator is disabled again, leading to program freezing.

What should we do about this issue? Can we simply block the following line of code?
PMC.jpg

We do not want to perform a reset action before bootloader jumps to the APP, which leads to many registers not being able to return to their initial state upon entering the APP. Is there any risk in performing all initialization operations again at this time? How can we avoid it?

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bydong111,

I'm not able to reproduce it on my side.

But if this is the only issue, the PMC initialization can be disabled.

danielmartynek_0-1706277136974.png

It is always recommended to reset the MCU.

But let me forward it to our MCAL support team.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos